• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Where is the ??

Started by joe raptor, December 31, 2015, 09:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe raptor

Does anyone know where exactly is the location of the fuel pump on a 2015 SHO ? , under the passenger rear seat ?. I would like to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors so I can tune my car to use E-85 . Thank you and have a healthy and prosperous 2016 NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!. Jose

bamsho

There are two pumps in the fuel tank.  They are saddle tanks, so there is a smaller transfer pump on the drivers side that pumps over to the passenger side.  The main fuel pump is on the passenger side.  Yes all you have to do is remove the rear bottom seat and access panel to get to the pumps.  You need a total secondary fuel system to run straight E85, the DI pump isn't big enough to handle the extra fuel you will need to run E85.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: joe raptor on December 31, 2015, 09:39:27 AM
Does anyone know where exactly is the location of the fuel pump on a 2015 SHO ? , under the passenger rear seat ?. I would like to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors so I can tune my car to use E-85 . Thank you and have a healthy and prosperous 2016 NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!. Jose
An upgraded lpfp and injectors aren't going to fix the problem, it will just lighten your wallet. Pfi and di are completely different animals when it comes to E85. The effective octane is much higher when directly injected so less is needed for cooling and knock suppression.

There is a some research Ford sponsored with AVL regarding splash blending up to E30 in the E85 section. I'd start there and spend some time reading. If you choose to go balls out plan on spending north of 4 grand.

AJP turbo

I like your ambition joe raptor....get it done.

Have you by chance ever data logged a car?

Do you know what component of the fuel system in the sho supplies fuel pressure to the rail?

Ill give you a hint, its not the pump in the tank.

Why dont you throw a 3 bar tune at it and see if that satisfies you, then look into more if its not enough

Slme of you torque guys should see if you can log injector duty cycle....sct should have dmr logging soon. Im not sure if the injectors are even maxed out yet

Replacing injectors is basically a waste until you can adress the pressure problem
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Quote from: ajpturbo on December 31, 2015, 10:52:32 AMReplacing injectors is basically a waste, until you can address the pressure problem.

Correct and appropriately stated ajp.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk