• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Deatschwerks injectors

Started by FoMoCoSHO, December 29, 2015, 11:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Hi Torrie,

If one were to install these injectors, will the car still run correctly on the stock tune? I assume fuel trims would move negative on a stock tune and with a 30% higher flow it seems we could be close to the stock limit of +-30%

Also, I just read a comment from a Ford engineer about a "loss of resolution" when using higher volume injectors in the Eco 3.5 which is why they added PFI, to add volume while retaining resolution. When they talk about resolution, is this mainly concerning MPG's and the EPA, or driveability issues?

Has SCT been able to overcome these obstacles?

Any known tradeoffs running these in a DDer?

Have you had any tuning opportunities with them yet?

SHOnUup

Following.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Gray Brick

2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

tmcphail

Custom tune is required for any injector change.
I would estimate the core is passing all federal emissions standards. 
I am not aware of any obstacles.
There should not be but it still doesn't impact the HPFP limitations.
No but I know what's involved with it and discussed it with individuals that tested them on the 3.5L and 2.0L.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer