• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1.0 Ecoboost

Started by markssho, December 29, 2015, 10:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markssho

Bought my teen a 2014 Fiesta SFE 5spd with the 1.0, Ecoboost 3 cylinder engine. 12k miles, local trade.
Drove it 700 miles over our Christmas travels.
The little car is fun to drive.
The engine had no issues keeping the car at speed in 5th gear.
It is, however, hard to modulate and control the speed on the interstate. Seems that there is a very sensitive point in which the turbo will spool and the car will take off seemingly jumping from 70 to 75+ with no real effort. Cruise control is required on the interstate.

(There aren't yet really any common places for the 1.0 Ecoboost owners, not even a section on this forum....)

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

Scott4957

Gut it and shave off 1k pounds, then put a giant turbo that spools at 4.5k and you will be good to go ;) I didn't even know they made that engine until you posted this. Now i want to put it in something tiny...er. Any upgrades and tuning out for this thing?
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Scott4957

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

QuickSilver

So same motor as the Fiesta ST? I've seen a bunch of those around and had thought it was a 1.3 EB
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

markssho

No, the 1.0 liter ecoboost engine is only available in the Fiesta and Focus (in the US). The engine seems to struggle a little in the Focus due to the increased weight/size of that car.
I've been following it a few years and it is performing well in Europe in various models there. It was introduced in the US n 2014.
Read up on the engine specs and design, it's pretty cool.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC