• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

sync update

Started by cseverens, December 22, 2015, 10:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: Ryan02Stang on April 04, 2016, 11:45:27 PM
Watched that video and followed his instructions to a T, but still got a "file not found" error. 

I even reformatted the USB drive from scratch, and only put the three files on the drive.  I did not include the main .zip download on the drive, only the extracted files.

I'm pretty tech/computer savvy, but I'm at a loss with this.
Weird...and engine running, etc.  Maybe  dealer is needed. Like you, I am at a loss and I write cloud based first person games for education for a living...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Ryan02Stang

Yep, engine was running.  I guess I'll try another USB drive, maybe that has something to do with it.

Dealer is the last resort!

Appreciate the help!
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

SHOdded

If you load music onto the USB drive, does it play fine in the system?  That's one way to check ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ryan02Stang

Good call, I'll try that tonight.
2015 Explorer Sport

Ryan02Stang

Loaded an mp3 onto the USB drive and plugged it in.  Sync immediately recognized the USB line in and played the song.

So the car can definitely recognize the USB stick, it just can't find the install files.

I don't get it....
2015 Explorer Sport

SHOdded

Are you sure there arent any hidden files on the stick when you copy the files fir the update?  Are you using a pc or a mac fir the process?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ryan02Stang

Definitely no hidden files, as I even reformatted the drive last night which erased everything.  Once cleared, I extracted the zip contents to the USB drive.

I'm using a PC that I built (again I'm actually tech savvy lol), running Windows 10.

I'm going to try another USB drive, see if it works, but I doubt it will.
2015 Explorer Sport

Ryan02Stang

Would it matter that I'm several updates behind?  The Lincoln Owners site said Sync has not been updated since 2012, which makes me assume it's never been updated.

This is the older sync with navigation, not MyFord touch, for what it's worth.
2015 Explorer Sport

SHOdded

AFAIK, it just takes way longer to update Sync if your unit is several updates behind, as in hours, but it does work.  Have to look into non-MFT Sync, that might be the issue right there, bpd updated the software in his '10 SHO, so something should be possible for the '12 MKS also. 

BTW, can you list the 3 files you put on the USB drive?

Ryan02Stang

Files are a folder named SyncMyRide, and then two .lst files one named autoinstall, one named install.

The SyncMyRide folder has 8 files in it, one being a .sec file, the rest .cab files.
2015 Explorer Sport

ZSHO

When you log in you need to do a vehicle health report!!!!.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Ryan02Stang

I did the vehicle health report yesterday, do I need to do it before each time I try?
2015 Explorer Sport

Ryan02Stang

Pictures of what I have on my USB drive

2015 Explorer Sport

ZSHO

Its from my understanding that the screen reboots every 24hrs when it goes to sleep,or after a driving cycle.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Noticed the thumb has MFT as well as sync... I assume the car has MFT?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock