• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

sync update

Started by cseverens, December 22, 2015, 10:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cseverens

I have an update available. not sure if I will do it yet. seems like a kind of involved process. if I do, do I need to return the pcm to stock first, or is that irrelevant? thanks in advance.
2013 Ford Flex Limited E/B

bpd1151

No need for you to flash your ecm back to it's stock tune file.

The sync update has nothing to do with your ecm's program (s).

Follow the directions that comes with the sync software & you'll be golden.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

vernonator

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 22, 2015, 10:48:07 AM

IF it works...has failed on me 3x so I just gave up
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

Ryan02Stang

Does anyone have a copy of the file they could email me?

I contacted Lincoln and they have withdrawn the update, and have no ETA on when it will be released again.
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

BiGMaC

Quote from: vernonator on December 23, 2015, 08:28:28 AM

If you got it by email expand the zip file on your computer then load the contents on to an empty flag WITHOUT the surrounding folder. That last part is the instructions Ford left off.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Ryan02Stang

Or does anyone know where the file is hosted for download?

Appreciate the help!
2015 Explorer Sport

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 16, 2016, 10:10:17 PM
Quote from: vernonator on December 23, 2015, 08:28:28 AM

If you got it by email expand the zip file on your computer then load the contents on to an empty flag WITHOUT the surrounding folder. That last part is the instructions Ford left off.

Think he want someone to email it to him cause its no longer available by Lincoln,could be wrong.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Ryan02Stang

2015 Explorer Sport

cseverens

it worked when I did it. I downloaded from syncmyride.com to my desktop, and then to a new usb flash drive.
2013 Ford Flex Limited E/B

Ryan02Stang

Sync update showed back up!  Thanks for the reply!
2015 Explorer Sport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ryan02Stang

So I can't get my MKS to install the update.  I took a brand new 32gb SanDisk USB drive formatted as FAT32, and installed the three files from the .zip folder that downloaded on the root of the USB drive.

When I go to media > user device > settings > install, I get a prompt that asks me if I'm sure, when I click yes, I then get an error that says file not found.

I've tried this a few times, and even did a master reset on sync.  Same error every time.

Any ideas?
2015 Explorer Sport

ZSHO

Ryan this video should help you through the whole process,let me know.  Z    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poOq192Tl9Y

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

My car required a new (or erased) FAT32 formatted thumb.... And worked only if I expanded the zip and then copied the contents of the expanded folder, not the folder itself, to the thumb.  eg... There were 3 files on the thumb. (I think it was 3) ... But theses files were not in a single folder on the thumb when I inserted it to update. When they were in the folder I got the same message as you.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Ryan02Stang

Watched that video and followed his instructions to a T, but still got a "file not found" error. 

I even reformatted the USB drive from scratch, and only put the three files on the drive.  I did not include the main .zip download on the drive, only the extracted files.

I'm pretty tech/computer savvy, but I'm at a loss with this.
2015 Explorer Sport