• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GT Vents

Started by geswek, July 09, 2013, 07:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I got the vents on order and I realized something.

The 13 has a different hood -- looks like the only place I am going to get them to sit is on the 1" cowl riser that is significantly wider than BPD's hood. I looked at the small sections between riser but they bend in and out so there's not enough room.

Hopefully this works -- hell, it might actually work since the huge riser I have also acts as an extractor too.

click to enlarge

You can see how my hood is different -- beside the wide 1" riser is not possible; you can see how it dips in.

DJE624

I think they would look good on the center riser, a few inches or so in front of the windshield, centered in each half of the riser.  Kinda like my old Camaro.

Be a great extractor too! 

geswek

I'm afraid they are going to look weird since they won't be far enough away.

We'll see when they show up and I can throw em on car for sizing.

bpd1151

Yea, those measurements I provided were based upon my 2010 hood....

So they're obviously not going to work for your application.

But, I look forward to seeing wth you come up with as far final placement.

The other thing you'll have to keep in mind is whether or not those '13 hoods have more of a curvature (from the windshield, to the front end) so that you can determine whether or not they'll fit the same curve from front to back.

Hope it works out for 'ya! :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

geswek

I'll make it work.

Sorry you wasted time digging up measurements. I should have caught that before hand.

bpd1151

It's never a waste to help out a fellow enthusiast.

Especially one who owns the same/similar type of ride.

Again, hope it works out for 'ya & look fwrd to your updates on this!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

adelsin

I was going to do GT vents (still might) but I'm going to wait until the end of the summer (September probably) and check out Hi-Speed in Tucson (http://www.hispeedcustoms.com) to see about a more custom solution.

Just for grins, Hi-Speed did my father-in-law's car (http://www.hispeedcustoms.com/IMAGES/CARS/Byron%20Mustang/index.htm)  Low 9's Stroked N/A w/ NOS 5-speed manual
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

mjhpadi

I would think the biggest concern on the '13's would be making sure the cut in the hood for the vents does not cut through the hood support structure, in addition to making sure your in a flat enough area for the vents to fit correctly.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

adelsin

That's why I'm hoping Hi-Speed can just modify the hood directly.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.