• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

NEW GASKETS ON DP

Started by zamirlihari, November 23, 2015, 10:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I have been having this rough idle for well over a year now and it was more evident upon cold morning startups,and honestly could not troubleshoot the root cause of it even after multiple attempts by the dealer using IDS software and checking for leaking injectors,misfires and adding FI Cleaners,having the intake cleaned nothing seemed to resolve my issues and this all (started after having installed my new PPE CATTED DP)which frankly only purchased two new gaskets because the car was relatively new back then,FINALLY the other day after having my PTU fluid changed the tech noticed that i had a leak on one of the DP which had the (original gasket)and he replaced it with a new one,after a couple of days of driving the car she is certainly rough idle free and anyone looking to have DP installed would make certain to order new gaskets X4 for a secure sealed leak free system,hope this helps anyone out and the parts # are listed below for under 40.00 and a peace of mind.  Z       http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2013/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-components-scat    BTW pics below of the gasket that needed to be changed on the DP.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

I doubt that was the problem as that gasket is WELL past the primary 02 sensor....but hey glad its fixed
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

CroR1

I agree with AJ, it seems my car stock with less than 3K miles has a bit of rough idle at cold start up. I can notice a bit on the seat, as well by the rpm gauge.

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on November 23, 2015, 10:16:24 AM
I doubt that was the problem as that gasket is WELL past the primary 02 sensor....but hey glad its fixed
Would a faulty leaking converter gasket justify or warrant such issue? Due appreciate your insight on this topic,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

possible, if it's before the bank 1 sen 1, before cats.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: ZSHO on November 23, 2015, 10:46:49 AM
Quote from: ajpturbo on November 23, 2015, 10:16:24 AM
Would a faulty leaking converter gasket justify or warrant such issue? Due appreciate your insight on this topic,thanks.  Z
Those are pre-cat gasket and could have caused an issue. I'll see if I can't get PPE to source some and offer it as an option.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

AJP turbo

The pic he showed is at the back end of the pipe

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

To be honest my main objective was getting the PTU procedure done properly and was primarily focused on that,the tech is a buddy of mine and possibly could of changed both,but not quite certain .Z

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: ajpturbo on November 23, 2015, 11:23:07 AM
The pic he showed is at the back end of the pipe
I was looking at the part # screen, that's what I get for doing conference calls and trying to be smarticles :D
If it's the pipe to exhaust connection that wouldn't impact your idling etc :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

AJP turbo

The only way i could see it affecting idle is if its the gasket at turbo ...everything else is getting to be too far away from the primary oxygen sensor

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Doesn't take away from the fact that the idling is smooth now ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I actually had this done Sat morning and did not want to rush into judgement but she is purring like a kitten and the idle is smoooth as butter,guess thats what counts even on a cold 34 degree morning.  Z     :)

AJP turbo

True but with all of the intermittent and random issues z has with his car it really could be anything....hard to contribute as to what it is that really may have cleared up an issue

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on November 23, 2015, 05:13:57 PM
I actually had this done Sat morning and did not want to rush into judgement but she is purring like a kitten and the idle is smoooth as butter,guess thats what counts even on a cold 34 degree morning.  Z     :)
Exactomundo.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!