• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

who had a Marauder

Started by 92BlackGT, November 18, 2015, 03:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

92BlackGT

I've seen that a few people have had a Marauder. I'm wondering how many have had one? The SHO is a good upgrade from the Marauder so I wouldn't be surprised to see a high number of former Marauder owners here.
I had an '03 300a. It was a great car and would randomly get people comment on it... that has never happened with the SHO.

it was a little scary on the road course with the stock 12" brakes but still a lot of fun

'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Sabtaj1

Well, I had a black 03 300a also.  Miss it.   Eibach springs, metco billet control arms, art-car level 2 trans, PI-3500 stall, 160t-stat, den denso plugs, Steeda under drive pulleys, jlt intake, zex nitrous kit on window switch, flow master exhaust, res delete tips, custom grill and of course a Mach 1 chin spoiler like my flex. Best time in the car was 12.43 with two kids seats and a full size stroller in the trunk and spraying 125hp 3800rpm to 4900rpm. 

13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Scott4957

Damn! That big boy was movin!!!
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Dxlnt1

The Maurader was Ford's answer to the Impala SS. FOr whatever reason, the Maurauder never gained the public eye too much. But for its time it was an awesome sleeper. And since it was a police car in civilian attire, most people tapped out before a good run.

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/collectible_classic/1511-collectible-classic-1994-1996-chevrolet-impala-ss/

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2003-mercury-marauder-road-test

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Vortech347

I had two of them (silver 04, black 03) over 10 years and put a combined 130k on them.  I love the refinement, road feel, MPG, and power of the SHO much better. However I miss the V8 sound, RWD and a center console that didn't take up half the interior space with a tiny center compartment.  As cool as these cars are I'll likely never get another "wow that sounds mean" comment again when parking the car.  SHO's kinda blend in with everything else.  I would get as many compliments/questions on the Marauder as I do my mustangs.   

The SHO really is a superior car.  It just lacks an engine voice and has a casket sized center console.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0