• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1979 Capri

Started by Capri83RS, November 11, 2015, 03:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capri83RS

So, I owned this car about 12 years ago, and it was an original 5.0L with a C4 in it.  I sold the engine and trans, then sold the rolling shell to a friend.  He kept the car, but didn't do much with it, then messaged me and told me he had to sell it.  So, after 10 years, I bought the thing back.  I'm working on doing a Coyote 5.0L swap into my '84 Capri RS, so I thought "That driveline will go perfectly into this '79!"

So, my .030 over roller 302 with a T5 has now been swapped into the '79, and for all intents and purposes, it's ready to hit the streets, once I finish bleeding the brakes on it.

Here's a short video clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmW5XQvGLgI

I repainted the engine bay in factory color, but I wanted the rest of the car to look like a huge hunk of junk, so I just left it as is.  I've got entirely too much money invested in it LOL, but she's fun.  Over 300 ftlbs of torque from 2000 rpm to 6000 rpm, and makes 327 hp at the wheels.
1984 Capri RS
1991 F150 4x4
2013 Mustang GT Track Package w/ Recaro's
2014 Taurus SHO

SHOdded

"Let us not go quietly into that good night" ...  Sounds great!  Ready to wreak terror & mayhem upon all them shiny boy toys cruisin' & lookin' fer trouble :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

QuickSilver

You've got some skilz Robert!  Gonna be a fun driver 8)
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

DakotaSHO

Nice! I've always had a soft spot for the Capri's!!
2011 SHO- Roush cai
2011 Ford Mustang GT - Boss im, Kooks LT's, Circle D 4C converter, JLT cai ~ 11.7@117mph
SOLD - 2011 Ford Taurus SHO (non pp)
LMS catless downpipes, windstorm cai, 160 Tstat, SP534 Plugs,3 bar, LMS 4+ tune, rear muffler delete
Best et: 13.09@105mph on LMS 93 4x tune

nickstewartroc

Sweet Capri! Could you share some more details on the engine? Sounds mean!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Capri83RS

Quote from: nickstewartroc on November 11, 2015, 07:05:37 PM
Sweet Capri! Could you share some more details on the engine? Sounds mean!

Absolutely.

1990 302 block, crank, and rods.
.030 overbore
SRP forged pistons, at 10.0:1 compression as assembled
Comp Cams XE274HR camshaft (.555/.565 lift, 274/282 duration, 112 LSA)
GT40P heads, gasket matched intake ports
Crane stud mount conversion
Crane dual valve springs (.575 lift rating)
Chromoly retainers
10 degree locks
6.400 hardened pushrods
Ford Racing 1.6 stud mounted roller rockers
Cloyes adjustable timing set (cam degreed at +4)
Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap intake
Holley 750cfm double pumper
March 3" crank pulley
Moroso 7qt oil pan
3/4" drop solid motor mounts
BBK shorty headers
Bassani catted x-pipe
Dynomax race bullets
LX style tips
Steel flywheel
King Cobra clutch
Pro 5.0 shifter
Holley Blue fuel pump with AFPR
Nylon braided AN-06 fuel line
160-amp 1-wire alternator
Mishimoto 3-row aluminum radiator
Flex fan
160 degree thermostat

Plus all the gauges inside for monitoring LOL
1984 Capri RS
1991 F150 4x4
2014 Taurus SHO

Capri83RS

So, haven't posted on this in awhile.

Been having issues with the carb, it was overflowing through the vent tubes, not feeding correctly, so i rebuilt it and down-jetted it while it was apart.  I fixed the issue with it overflowing through the vent tubes, but now the primaries get no fuel through them.  Pulled it back apart, checked everything, it flows when apart, but when assembled, no fuel gets to the main body.

I'm about to throw in the towel on the carb, and go with an FiTech EFI system.
1984 Capri RS
1991 F150 4x4
2014 Taurus SHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SAYGBYE

efi would be a cool upgrade

Wild13SHO

Holley's EFI kits are pretty nice. I had the HP running SBC turbo setup.
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

Capri83RS

I did finally fix the issue with the carb, and ended up selling the car as a roller, minus all the aftermarket gauges.  Then I found a twin turbo kit for the 306, so I'm digging all of the stuff out of the storeroom to put my '84 RS back together.
1984 Capri RS
1991 F150 4x4
2014 Taurus SHO

SHOdded