• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

May be busy for a while

Started by mjhpadi, July 08, 2013, 11:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhpadi

Sorry if I haven't had much input lately.  On Sunday a storm hit and between 40-50 foot of a very large pine tree came down at our cabin and caused a lot of damage.  The tree hit the end of our enclosed patio and smashed the end broke windows, and destroyed the wall.  In addition, my wife's new camper was parked at the cabin and the tree hit and smashed her camper.  Her camper is totaled.  We spend the day and evening today removing what we could of the tree to access the camper.  Have not been able to remove the tree from the patio, it's just to darn big.  The part of the tree that hit the patio is over 2 feet in diameter and we are trying to find someone with equipment heavy enough to remove it.  The part of the tree that broke in the storm and hit the patio and camper was probably 30-40 feet from the bottom of the tree, so it fell quite a bit before it hit the patio and the camper.  Will be returning to the cabin tomorrow to help move more wood and hopefully get the camper to a position where a flatbed truck and get to it to load and remove it. 
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

Sorry to hear that news.  I hope you have insurance to cover the damage and the camper.  Sounds like a wrecking ball came through there. 

bpd1151

Yikes! Sorry to hear that Mark.

Hopefully the monumental task of all the work involved in recovering & clean up will help keep you task filled & busy enough so as to not allow you to dwell to much on the losses.

In times like you've described, it seems better to kind of go on auto pilot if you will and just work through it.

I hope all gets better, & thanks for keeping the community posted on your dilemma.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

SHOdded

Glad you are all OK, Mark!  Best of luck getting things back to normal, and be sure not to overwork yourself.  There is always a day after ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Wow, that sucks but luckily no-one was hurt. Sounds like a ton of work to clean up though. :(
Take care of life first and we'll see you back on here when you get it all taken care of.

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Larrylu

Too bad about the storm damage Mark. You were lucky no one was hurt. A lot of energy in storms and trees.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

jomc111

That sucks man, like everyone else has said  atleast no one was hurt and the damage can always be fixed
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

darreli

Ouch! That sucks! Sorry dude..and like others have said at least no one was hurt. If I lived a little closer I'd come help out

mjhpadi

Back from the cabin, thanks for the comments.  Got the tree removed, still have some clean-up to do.  We were lucky, wife was in the camper when the tree hit.  Normally she is in the front of the camper, which was right where the tree hit, but she was in the back when it came down...very lucky.  But the camper is really totaled.  Anyway, the only bad part is that we don't have insurance on the damage to the cabin...when we tried to get it insured several years ago, the insurance company told us they they would not insure it because we owned it for too long before getting it insured.  I had never heard of anything like this, nor did they offer any explanation of why they would not insure it....but now comes the rebuild part.  Still a lot of work to do, but at least everyone is healthy and not hurt to pitch in to do the work!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

DJE624

Good thing about the wife!  Glad you got the tree cleaned up you ol' lumberjack you! 

TSS

I just got this sorry for the late reply (been really busy myself - not with fallen trees thankfully, but work) , so very glad nobody was hurt.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

mjhpadi

Just a quick update....no problems with the insurance, they are picking up the old camper on Monday with a flatbed and they made a very reasonable offer on the replacement value.  So the wife is looking at new campers...it looks like she is thinking bigger and better.  She also did mention that bigger means that she will PROBABLY require a different tow vehicle :'(.....The patio isn't progressing as fast.  Still trying to get broken glass cleaned up and access all the damage.  Thankfully a friend from another camp did lend a hand with his tractor (equipped with a front end loader) that made tree clean-up somewhat easier.  So still not sure what all remains to do to get the patio back in shape, but do know it's going to require replacing part of 2 walls, and part of the ceiling and roof.

DJE624

I hope your wife has fun shopping for a camper.  Looks like you have a project for the rest of the summer with the cabin.