• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

After returning back to stock.

Started by USMCSHO341, November 10, 2015, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMCSHO341

So my concern or question is... I put a tune on the car after installing the 3bar and tstat the other day. Since then I've returned it to stock. I'm wanting to know if I carry the vehicle back to the shop that did my water pump replacement will they be able to see that I used a tuner and what the car was doing before I returned it to stock or does the return to stock wipe the codes and all. I didn't do any rough driving or anything I just don't want them to blame the tuning for any failures. Right now there is a lot of what sounds like lifted tick or lack of oil pressure at idle up until the car is at 1600 rpm or so. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMCSHO341

Btw the tick isn't extremely loud but it is present and noticeable considering it was not there before they worked on the car.

glock-coma

Is the shop a ford dealer.? You can "tell" that the ecu was accessed but unless they do more digging into it it just looks like you disconnected the battery or cleared codes.
In order to change the water pump you have to remove the timing chain and tensioner , so I would definitely be careful with that noise your hearing. You don't want to do more damage by driving to much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

I would add a bottle or two of Chevron techron or BBK FI cleaner in the fuel system and use a quality full synthetic oil along with a MC FL-500S oil filter and see if the tick on the lifers goes away,would not worry to much about the vehicle being tuned as you are probably the 3rd owner or so,follow this link it might be somewhat beneficial.  Z       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAsoqmqhdM

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Have you checked for codes?  Might be better to have the SHO towed to the dealership rather than driving it over there.  Like glock said, that tick could actually be from a timing component.  If you HAVE to drive it, drive carefully, avoid sudden/hard acceleration as much as possible.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

USMCSHO341

Yea after getting the car back
I found out they didn't actually change the timing chain when they swapped out the water pump. The dealer is a high volume dealer not ford. Seems to me they do some half a$$ work there. I can take my car to the ford dealer but they won't give me a loaner for as long as the other dealer would. I'm thinking I'm getting kinda low oil pressure till I get to the 1600rpm I'm unsure what to do at the moment.

SHOdded

So it wasn't Planet Ford that did the warranty work, was it Texas Direct Auto?

With low oil pressure to 1600 rpm, I wouldn't be driving that thing.  Tow it to the shop and get a loaner.  Planet Ford not a good place to go?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Sure it just isn't the HPFP? Maybe at 1600 rpms the engine noise drowns out the tick from the noisy pump?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

USMCSHO341

No it was Texas Direct Auto that did the warranty work. Plant Ford is literally only 5 minutes from me. However, all the work previously done is supposedly covered by TDA. I'm unsure if I should bring the car back to them. The ford dealer on the other hand will most likely tell me worst case scenario with the motor. Possibly voiding the warranty work through TDA I think I should call the warranty company. The only difference is $50 deductible at TDA vs $100 with Ford through the same warranty. I love the car but so many problems have came from it since owning it.

Quinid

Take the hit and let ford deal with it.  They usually only do the digging if they suspect you did any modding. I return mine to stock everytime i take mine to shop.   Most of us do.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

USMCSHO341

Ok so I think the noise I've been hearing might not be lifter tick it may be the timing chain I'm not sure what it is but here are a few vids when I went to go pick up some KFC for the wifey. Not sure if you guys can hear it. Probably better with earphones

USMCSHO341

glock-coma

Definitely doesn't sound right. And it's almost certainly timing chain/tensioner related.  I would call the shop asap and not drive it until it's fixed.
You might be doing serious damage without knowing it. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

USMCSHO341

Yea I called last week supposedly they are waiting on a loaner car to give me and they'll call me for it to be dropped off. I started thinking it's the timing chain as well. When I'm between cars in traffic it's more noticeable from the passengers side. With the windows down.