• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 SHO non PP rough downshift from 4th to 3rd

Started by SHOhobo, November 08, 2015, 07:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOhobo

Any input or similar experiences shared is appreciated.....when in Sport mode and down shifting with the paddles from 4th to 3rd it clunks...not noise but u can feel it...I have varied the rpms and it is always there....all other up or downs are smooth.....perplexed....vehicle has 4200 miles....thanks
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

SHOdded

Sounds like a dealer visit is in order.  Hopefully, there is a calibration update available to address the "clunk", I think a tune would likely fix it, but can't be 100% on that.

Have you checked http://owner.ford.com for any outstanding recalls that might apply to your SHO?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

X2 AGREE with SHOdded,think a dealer visit is in order,think there is a new TSB related to a converter leak,definetly follow up on it to make sure there are no leaks,here is the TSB which was released on 8/15.  Z         POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
TSB #SB45277
NHTSA ID #10058616
Date Announced:
AUGUST 01 2015
Additional Info:
How to Fix
Summary: FORD: TRANSMISSION FLUID LEAK FROM CONVERTER HOUSING AREA ON POLICE UTILITY EQUIPPED WITH 6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION *CN

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOhobo

Thanks Z....no recalls...ran a health report via sync and I am already registered on the owner site.  Where is the best place to access the TSBs?  I used to work for Ford and had access to what the Dealerships had so it was very easy to keep up with issues.  I would like to be able to read the complete TSB if it is accessible out there somewhere.   Thx.

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

SHOdded

You can subscribe to sites like motorcraftservice.com, alldatadiy.com, etc. to have access to current & past TSBs for your vehicle.  We try to keep publicly available TSBs here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3836.0.html and here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,496.0.html

I have found this site to be usually helpful also:
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOhobo

Thank you for the info SHOdded.  I surfed the Web briefly last night and didn't find much except for half or quarter TSBs

SHOdded

Yeah, the screws are being put to "free content".  So if you find a TSB, don't assume it's going to be available at that site forever & ever.  Keep a local copy for your own reference.  I made the mistake with fordservicecontent, but a firm kickinthepants from them learned me good.

SHOhobo

Good to know....sure do miss my un limited access....Ford service guys hated it when I went in there with full TSBs

SHOdded

Quote from: SHOhobo on November 10, 2015, 11:19:06 AM
Good to know....sure do miss my un limited access....Ford service guys hated it when I went in there with full TSBs
Yeah, I bet they did!  One-way conversations are very popular in service centers, unfortunately.

dajsho

I have a 2015 SHO non PP as well and I also see a rough downshift from 4th to 3rd when using paddles. I have heard that a tranny reflash would cure the issue. Did you ever get your issue resolved?

SHOhobo

Havent visited this Forum in a while so sorry for a way delayed response.  The Stealership did reflash the tranny and corrected the issue for about three months but it did resurface.  So gonna have them reflash at the next oil change.  It is not as pronounced as it was but still noticeable.  Its a leased vehicle so not something I am going to worry about as much compared to long term ownership and future tranny health concerns.  Believe me - from personal experience - if u own a Ford beyond its bumper to bumper the transmission should be ur biggest worry!