• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Transmission Fluid

Started by jomc111, July 08, 2013, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomc111

Have any of you been low on Transmission Fluid?
I checked it the otherday when I changed the air filter, car was clold hadn't ran for hours ( I know you are supposed to check when hot) was expecting to at least see a little bit on the dip stick but there was nothing.  So I checked it the next day as soon as my wife got home from work (30min drive on 90° day ) since I new it would be hot. When I first pulled it out I could see trany fluid but couldn't get. Good read of level so wiped off put back it. Pulled it out and nothing.  We have had absolutely no transmission issues or signs of leaks. This is first time I have checked it, since it was wifes daily she had dealer do all checkups, ect.
It obviously has fluid but is low seems very odd, is this the way it has probably been then whole time?

Thought I would share this weirdness. I will be toping it off and monitering for loss over the next little bit
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

DJE624

That is weird.  Dealer should have caught it.  I don't think it evaporates. 

crash712us

Not sure how exactly your checking, and don't totally recall the proper method for checking. I'd refer to the owners manual, but as with most automatic transmission the car must be running, and may need to be in neutral.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

jomc111

Quote from: crash712us on July 08, 2013, 07:20:43 PM
Not sure how exactly your checking, and don't totally recall the proper method for checking. I'd refer to the owners manual, but as with most automatic transmission the car must be running, and may need to be in neutral.

I am doing it the way the manual tells you to. First thing I checked to make sure wasnt something goofy
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

crash712us

Might as well have the dealer top up, as LV trans fluid is hard to find at auto parts.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

darreli

Hmmm...odd that its low? I agree with crash..almost impossible to find LV in an auto parts store, the dealer is the only place I've been able to find it. I have some bottles of Mobil 1 that say they are LV compatible, however, the newer ones dont have it listed and I havent been able to find out why so they just sit on the shelf in my garage

jomc111

My uncle is a ford mechanic and hooked me up
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st