• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford tests splash blends on the 3.5 ECO.

Started by FoMoCoSHO, November 06, 2015, 02:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013/04/e30-20130419.html

"In a paper also presented at the World Congress, a Ford team (Jung et al.) used engine dynamometer testing to compare E10, E20, and E30 splash-blended fuels in a Ford 3.5L EcoBoost direct injection (DI) turbocharged engine"

Something I've been thinking a lot about a lot and I'm not sure has been exploited properly yet. We were just starting to test this on the 2013 when I traded it.

"Reduced enrichment. Enrichment of the fuel mixture at high-speed, high-load conditions is currently used to reduce exhaust temperature to avoid damage to engine or emissions aftertreatment components. However, enrichment also degrades thermal efficiency. Increased ethanol content enables improved efficiency by reducing or eliminating the need for fuel enrichment."

SHOdded

Datalog looks very, very good.  Great fuel trims, knock, etc.  Still need some insight into the spark advance setup on SCT, why the differences between SA & SAv2; seen it not just on your SHO, but others too.  Is it desired vs actual, or bank1 vs bank2 or ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

That log was last week at the track. For some reason the car hit the rev limiter and then kind of freaked out it seems. But ended up producing some interesting data.