• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

UPR F150 Mega-can kit on a Flex?

Started by shawmcbigdis, November 05, 2015, 01:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawmcbigdis

Hey everyone, I have the MDesign CAI on my Flex which leaves a massive open space where the stock air filter was. Does anyone know if it would be possible to use the UPR F150 Megacan kit on the Flex? Are the connectors still the same? If so, would the hoses be long enough to reach that location?

I really like the idea of the plug and play ability of the UPR, as apposed to the cut and splice of the RX. Although the data does seem to show the RX performs better. I was thinking the bigger can, longer hoses, and cooler location of the big F150 kit, my allow the UPR to greatly increase its abilities in the cramped Flex engine bay.

Thoughts?
2013 Flex Limited
MDesign CAI
LM Tune
3 bar map

nickstewartroc

I have no experience with the F150 can, however here are a few things to think about... The F150 is longitudinal compared to our transverse. I know you can get a JLT style can and it has everything you need, no splicing. I bring up the engine mainly because I think the hoses would be different lengths
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

shawmcbigdis

Yes, the hoses would be different lengths. The amount of hose in the F150 kit is more than in the standard SHO/Flex kit. But I would need more hose since I want to place the can where the stock air filter is, instead of on the passenger side shock tower like the standard kit.

Anyone have any clue about this? I sent an email to UPR and got no response.
2013 Flex Limited
MDesign CAI
LM Tune
3 bar map

ZSHO

I guess you can always purchase an additional hose and cut the length you need and just use the existing connectors,think on the F-150 a total of 16' is needed to
place the can by the front bumper,the braided hose is not cheap but it can be purchased by foot. BTW did you try looking here at www.ecopowerparts.com  . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shawmcbigdis

Quote from: ZSHO on November 05, 2015, 10:05:18 PM
I guess you can always purchase an additional hose and cut the length you need and just use the existing connectors,think on the F-150 a total of 16' is needed to
place the can by the front bumper,the braided hose is not cheap but it can be purchased by foot. BTW did you try looking here at www.ecopowerparts.com  . Z

Z - I assume the amount of line the F150 kit comes with would be enough, as it's a lot more than the SHO/Flex kit. My real question is if the connectors are the same? If so, then I could just get the F150 Mega can kit and trim the lines to length (assuming they would be longer than I need).
2013 Flex Limited
MDesign CAI
LM Tune
3 bar map

ZSHO

As you are aware there is very little to minimum oil fuel that have accumulated inside the oil catch can,many have seen better results in colder weather as oppose to warmer climates and have seen better results placing it in the front as you have mentioned,personally would just order the smaller version catch can thats made specifically for the SHO/FLEX platform that come with exact fitment connectors and for a peace of mind,based on the specs between the two cans theres not much of a difference in size as oppose to the RX,just purchase the additional hose as mentioned above.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

If the F-150 connectors dont fit you can always purchase the vent & front oil seperator hose and remove the connectors using a razor blade,pic's are highlighted below,sorry long day.  BTW have some xtra steel braided hose if you need some.  Z

shawmcbigdis

Quote from: ZSHO on November 06, 2015, 04:16:38 PM
If the F-150 connectors dont fit you can always purchase the vent & front oil seperator hose and remove the connectors using a razor blade,pic's are highlighted below,sorry long day.  BTW have some xtra steel braided hose if you need some.  Z

ZSHO, great idea, and those prices aren't to bad, so it wouldn't really hurt to do it that way. I may be hitting you up for some hose depending on what direction I end up going.
2013 Flex Limited
MDesign CAI
LM Tune
3 bar map