• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PA inspection and tuning questions

Started by tlundjr, October 28, 2015, 04:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlundjr

Could the plugs themselves be the issue? Also been noticing uneven acceleration...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: tlundjr on October 30, 2015, 10:30:27 AM
Could the plugs themselves be the issue? Also been noticing uneven acceleration...
If you are having misfires that can make it feel like the tranny is jerky.

66 Galaxie

And if it is the plugs misfiring the jerking sensation will be most pronounced in high gear and low rpms.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

I think your best option would be a dealer visit especially still having warranty,probably need the tech to perform a (power balance)with IDS software to find out exactly which cylinder is misfiring and proceed from there.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

tlundjr

Would the NGK plugs cause an issue with the warranty since used them to replace the stock ones? I replaced the thermostat too, could I get dinged for that as well?

CroR1

did this misfire stated happening right after the tune, or down the road?

SHOdded

NGK plugs should be fine.  They are generally looking for MAJOR componentry when denying warranty.  Bad plugs can happen anywhere anytime.  Not like you used an off brand or something like E3 or Splitfire ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tlundjr

Quote from: CroR1 on November 04, 2015, 11:24:57 AM
did this misfire stated happening right after the tune, or down the road?

It started happening right after the tune, stock it is fine.

CroR1

Double check all the steps when placing  new plugs in, making sure that all is connected what you had removed, and if it still persist, get in touch with your tuner.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

tlundjr

Quote from: CroR1 on November 04, 2015, 03:22:41 PM
Double check all the steps when placing  new plugs in, making sure that all is connected what you had removed, and if it still persist, get in touch with your tuner.
I have quadruple checked everything and the tuner is at a loss as well.

Z- Yes my remote start works, I can 100% of the time get the issue to happen at 1500 RPM in any gear or speed. Sometimes I do have a rough idle upon starting though.

SHOdded

I'd be looking at fuel injector or valve cover leak issues more likely than plugs TBH.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I agree with SHOdded,it sounds like the fuel is being cut off in order to protect the cats,very crucial to check for codes everyday.  Z

tlundjr

Can there be codes when there isn't a CEL? I did have to have the fuel pump replaced already. Could that have something to do with it? Could it be because when its tuned it is requiring more fuel coming from the injectors, which is causing the issue?? Is the injector cleaner from autozone even worth trying?

FoMoCoSHO

Do you have any datalogs from when it acted up?