• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How To: Roof Spoiler

Started by Adam, October 28, 2015, 10:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Roof Spoiler 1,244mm long
Here is a quick how to on the roof spoiler.
Unlike me, you will want to wait for a sunny day to do the work.  You will need the following if in a cool area.
-Heat Gun ~Maybe a hair dryer will do
-Rubbing Alcohol prep
-Lint free towel
-5 minutes of your time.

1. Get the back glass clean
2. You can use the supplied 'wet nap' pad or I suggest using a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a lint free towel to wipe the top 5-6" of glass all the way across
3. IF WARM AND SUNNY SKIP TO 4.  Now you will want to warm up the glass some with a heat gun, or at least a hair dryer to warm the surface of the glass.
4. Peel off about 1/2 of the 3M tape and lay it close to the edge of the glass.  Bend the spoiler as it has a flex to it, to allow it to follow the curve of your glass. 
5. Peel the rest off and lay it down.  Press firm across the new panel to assure a secure fit.
6. COLD WEATHER ONLY Take the heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the panel and tape below to make sure it becomes sticky for a secure fit.
7.DONE.  Now admire your new work

After putting mine on I went for a spirited 141 MPH run in the car and it stayed on firm and secure.  Check out how beautiful the black matches up.  Add style to the SHO.

Using UH paint to get it close!

Peel and stick.

DakotaSHO

Any chance you could get a picture of it from like 20-30 ft away for us to see how it looks from a distance? I'm tempted to do this if they come in white.
2011 SHO- Roush cai
2011 Ford Mustang GT - Boss im, Kooks LT's, Circle D 4C converter, JLT cai ~ 11.7@117mph
SOLD - 2011 Ford Taurus SHO (non pp)
LMS catless downpipes, windstorm cai, 160 Tstat, SP534 Plugs,3 bar, LMS 4+ tune, rear muffler delete
Best et: 13.09@105mph on LMS 93 4x tune

Adam

I will take more for sure.  They were actually quick shots as therain was starting to come down.  I no more than closed the garage and it was pouring outside.  I will get some distance pictures.  Pulled up to a gas station, hears a guy tell his buddy.  "The way you can tell its that turbo car is because they have that spoiler on the back window so Ford could get that car to go like 160" He responded with, yeah I like that.

I was like whatever.  Think what you want to.  If it is noticeable but looks OEM then that is the goal I was going for anyway.

CroR1

Looks nice

How wide is the spoiler, and from who did you get it? Do you have a link?

Adam

Quote from: CroR1 on October 28, 2015, 12:16:13 PM
Looks nice

How wide is the spoiler, and from who did you get it? Do you have a link?

Do not buy from BMWOEMSHOP or something like that.  CHEAP quality.  This came from my buddy AJ in Taiwan.  Don't let that scare you.  He is a good guy.  He limits metallic because he says every company does a different mix.  I don't believe I ordered mine with it.  Just got the paint match and you could/would never tell since the paint is spot on.  His emial name is HappyBuyItNow@gmail.com  His eBay name is almost exactly that as well with some numbers, but I believe you can still find it that way. It is 1,244 mm long.  Sits about 2" tall, maybe a little taller.  Looking through the mirror you will never see this.  It does not hinder the vier as it is placed on the black portion of the back glass.

nickstewartroc

Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Adam

Quote from: nickstewartroc on October 28, 2015, 01:05:23 PM
I bought mine from Happybuyitnow as well, but on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/271883455042?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yeah, AJ is a good guy.  You will have your order in a week.  Sends it quick via DHL.  I worked with him on getting sizes that he could not get his hands on back in the day.  He did it for my G8, my wifes Maserati, and a few older cars of mine.  Great quality.

FoMoCoSHO

I emailed AJ about availability in bronze fire metallic since it is new and I received a timely response indicating it is available.

When you place the order, do you get the color option when you checkout?

nickstewartroc

How are you buying it? If it's through eBay, after I bought it they sent me an email asking for the year, make model and color code
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 29, 2015, 11:11:50 PM
I emailed AJ about availability in bronze fire metallic since it is new and I received a timely response indicating it is available.

Current:

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Adam

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 29, 2015, 11:11:50 PM

If you pay via Paypal. Just add a comment to the comments section. You may want to say something like "1244mm roof spoiler in H9 (I believe) Bronze Fire  Metallic for my Ford Taurus". He will most likely send one back confirming your comment.  You say yes, he gets rolling with it.  You get it about a week later.  I ordered mine on a Friday from AJ. Got it Thursday the next week.  I would think it may be quicker if you order like on a Monday maybe?

He sends DHL with delivery confirmation.  If you get the delivery date with tracking and cannot be home to sign for it.  DHL allows you to take a sticky note, write the tracking number on it, print name,  then sign below, then put it on your door and the will leave it for you. That way you don't waste a day or two just trying to get it dropped off.

FoMoCoSHO

Hey Adam, what's the ETA of that side pic from a distance?

Adam

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 30, 2015, 10:50:09 AM
Hey Adam, what's the ETA of that side pic from a distance?

Does this work for now?

dr.dodge

-2014 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Every option, BoVs VTA, tuned, MDesign CAI, catted downpipes, muffler delete, NGK Plugs, 160 F T-stat, Alkycontrol Methanol Injection system, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, HIDs and puddle lights.
-Chevrolet Cobalt (Supercharged) Weekend buggy!

nickstewartroc

Looks sweet! Now it really make me want to figure out a way to put a 13+ spoiler on my 11!
Current:

SammyB

Quote from: nickstewartroc on October 30, 2015, 10:38:02 PM
Looks sweet! Now it really make me want to figure out a way to put a 13+ spoiler on my 11!

Here we go again Nick! 😜
2011 SHO Non-PP. H&R Springs, Unleashed Tune, 3 Bar MAP, 170 deg thermostat. 3rd cat and resonator delete. Custom exhaust with X pipe. Snow Stage 2 Methanol Injection. Custom Cat-less down pipes.