• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New OBD2 adapter for Torque with aux sensor inputs

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 07, 2013, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Kiwi 2 Bluetooth adapter:
http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=GSST2BLUETOOTH

The thing I like about it is that you can plug in regular sensors as well for items not covered by OBD2 and use Torque to monitor all of them. For me that means fuel pressure on my auxiliary fuel system.

Thought I'd share!
:)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Larrylu

Sounds like it has a lot going for it. Even the price is good. The ability to transmit additional sensor data is huge. The only thing that was not a plus for me was that after it went to sleep automatically, to avoid power drain in a permanent install, it requires a button push to wake back up. Waking itself up on activity, would be preferable.... for me anyway.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

DJE624

I have been too afraid to leave my MX in.  I know it didn't turn off within a couple of minutes.  I'll have to try waiting for five.  I would like to just leave it in.  Hey Larry, how long does your MX take to shut down? 

Larrylu

Well if you poke around in Torque you can find a menu item that options you to turn off the OBD Link on power off (even mentions it by name) for you. I opted for that and did not worry about it further. I think it's in the dash permanently installed menu.  If you can't find it, let me know and ill try to provide a better clue.  The slow blink blue light is still on when the ignition is off, so I don't think there is a visual cue that it is off. After start up in maybe twenty or thirty seconds the activity ....lots of fast blinking lights come on when the OBD dongle starts waking up and a few seconds later, the gauges come alive. This is usually as I'm backing out of the garage.

I think I may have finally solved my Nexus 7 charging issue. I'm testing now but it looks real promising. Fingers crossed. If this is it it will be another classic example of stupidity on my part....as usual.  My next project is to elaborate on my mount. Functionally my mount has been everything I wanted. I have noticed however that mounted high on the dash as mine is, there are times when harsh light has reduced visibility. I added a matte screen protector, but that has been only slightly helpful. I'm going to cosmetically remake the mount to give me an overhanging lip on both sides and top. I think I can make it look even more built in and shade the display surface from glare as well.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

geswek

UGH.

You guys are making me considering buying a Nexus 7 and the MX to try out Torque. I may buy the adapter and try it out on my Note 10.1 first--just to see if I like it.

Dave; loan me your MX LMAO.

DJE624

It's a great tool.  Just checked for codes.  There are a lot of codes that don't trip the CEL.  She's clean. 

Mac98SHO

I purchased and adapter off eBay.  I figured if I could not get it to work I would be out only %$13 dollars and change.  It works great and have had no issues.  I just unplug mine when not in use.  Works wit Torq App and ForSCAN.
2013 SHO w/Performance Package (Tuxedo Black)
Air Raid Intake
X-pipe with Stock Mufflers
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes

jomc111

Quote from: Mac98SHO on July 08, 2013, 08:39:18 AM
I purchased and adapter off eBay.  I figured if I could not get it to work I would be out only %$13 dollars and change.  It works great and have had no issues.  I just unplug mine when not in use.  Works wit Torq App and ForSCAN.

Link to the one you have if you dont mind. I want to try out torq, see if I like it.
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

jomc111

2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

Mac98SHO

Air Raid Intake
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes

DJE624

Please stop posting all those inexpensive ODB Bluetooths.  You are making me feel insecure. :bangin: ;D

Mac98SHO

LOL.....  Sorry, wasn't expecting much but this adapter works... great.  It even accesses the enhanced codes on ForScan with out any switch or mods.
Air Raid Intake
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes

DJE624

I'm glad you guys are having good luck with your Bluetooths.  I paid 10 times as much.  But, I like it okay and I'm glad I have it.

jomc111

Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st