• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

WAZZZoooo--LMS S4 launch video

Started by geswek, July 06, 2013, 09:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

It should be indicated by the fact I couldn't manage to hold the camera without dropping it.

Yeah, no words--2nd is either shifting EXTREMELY hard or I'm breaking traction.

Turn it up and you can hear the sweet sweet beautiful noise of the engine screaming.

EcoPowerParts

In my Flex (same as your car basically) when I hit 2nd gear it wheel hops for just a second and then catches if I get a good launch. That's what you're experiencing, it's jarring at first and then you just get used to it. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 06, 2013, 10:07:09 PM
In my Flex (same as your car basically) when I hit 2nd gear it wheel hops for just a second and then catches if I get a good launch. That's what you're experiencing, it's jarring at first and then you just get used to it. :)

That makes me feel a whole lot better LOL; it still pulls like an angry bee!

I can only imagine what it's going to do once I got the upgraded turbos and meth on it.

Hopefully she'll feel a lot more stable once I put the H&R on her; she does have A LOT of flex--I can feel it on hard launches like this, her rear squats bad.

DJE624

Thanks for the video.  Looks like it's moving out pretty good.

SHOdded

First-SHO's traction bar setup should help control the hop.  He has been kind enough to list what you would need to replicate his setup, over at EBOF, will be reposted here soon.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Bigfoot

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

adelsin

Quote from: geswek on July 06, 2013, 10:11:04 PM
Hopefully she'll feel a lot more stable once I put the H&R on her; she does have A LOT of flex--I can feel it on hard launches like this, her rear squats bad.

You get squats with the '13 PP suspension?
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

geswek

Quote from: adelsin on July 10, 2013, 11:07:04 AMYou get squats with the '13 PP suspension?

Yeah, big time -- I wasn't aware if the 13 PP go new suspension. I was told it's additional coolers, traction system off button, and bigger brakes.

adelsin

Yeah. I was always told that the '13 PP suspension was significantly better than the non-PP, with lsightly better times because of it.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

geswek

Quote from: adelsin on July 10, 2013, 11:18:42 AM
Yeah. I was always told that the '13 PP suspension was significantly better than the non-PP, with lsightly better times because of it.

AH; well Ive not ridden in a non-PP so I wouldn't know.

It did squat quit a bit but I never broke traction launching tho.

Everyone says they can spin the tires into 2nd gear with Stage 4 tune--it ain't happening to me.

:blink:

DJE624

I don't get any rubber in second either but it pulls nicely.  Those H&R's should help a lot with the squat.  My Eibachs don't squat nearly as much as stock.