• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Display Mod 2010-2012

Started by DJE624, July 06, 2013, 09:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I have been wanting to mod my display ever since I saw this:

Here is a tutorial on how to do it.

How to Upload Custom Images on Ford Sync Lincoln Mercury

Voila!

geswek

Looks good; how come it shows wallpaper twice?

Is that just how it works?

DJE624

2012 have split screen.  I could put a map on half and Logo on other half or Logo on half and Audio on the other side.  Or other combinations.  You can do a full screen of map too. 

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on July 06, 2013, 10:16:00 PM
2012 have split screen.  I could put a map on half and Logo on other half or Logo on half and Audio on the other side.  Or other combinations.  You can do a full screen of map too.

OH cool --

We use to have screen modes too when MFT first came out; then the very first update to it they took away our ability to just have a wallpaper without all the buttons you seen in each quadrant. I wish they'd put that back--I had a really cool wallpaper in my Ford Focus that didn't work well with buttons.

DJE624

I wish I could just fill the whole screen with it.  I'll be investigating a way.  If the Map can do full screen it should be possible.   

I thought about cutting the jpeg in half and putting 1/2 on each side.  I'll try it sometime.

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on July 06, 2013, 10:32:16 PM
I wish I could just fill the whole screen with it.  I'll be investigating a way.  If the Map can do full screen it should be possible.   

I thought about cutting the jpeg in half and putting 1/2 on each side.  I'll try it sometime.

Can you put different photos on each block?

DJE624

Yes.  But it would have a line through the center of it.

DJE624

Thanks man.  I have to run out and get a cd tomorrow.  I borrowed one from my sister when I was there today.  I have a mini usb drive I use but this operation requires cd.  The 13's can be done with the drive. 

geswek

Oh damn that sucks.

Yeah I change mine with a USB stick LOL--it also plays MP3's nicely from there too, or my iPod, or even my phone.

SoCalSHO

Thanks for the image, will use it once the SHO gets out of the shop.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

I went over and got the disc from my sister.  Now, I try to load the two images and the dang thing is locked!  Maybe because it was on a Mac and I have Windows.  Ticks me off.  Well, I have to go back there tomorrow or Tuesday and get my appliques. 

DJE624

OK!  Got it done.  It was a bit of a pain.  Had to run out to Best Buy and get some CD's.  Five pack of CD-r for $7.  Then When I was trying to load the right side, the original small logo kept coming back.  So, I deleted it.  Then I was able to load the right side.  Many thanks to GESWEK for splitting the picture for me.  I think it looks better like this because I'll usually have the Logo picture as display or full map as display.

Now, that I have it down,  I can put whatever pictures I want there! 

dalum

Kind of a pain, you should just buy a new car :D
2013 Non-PP SHO

geswek

No kidding.

I'm glad I don't have that horrendous navigation system--I love my MFT.

:bangin: