• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ghost cam tune???

Started by Sabtaj1, October 17, 2015, 12:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabtaj1

Ok, So I am kind of blown away by this whole "Ghost Cam" tune thing the mustang v8 and v6 has going on. I first thought "WOW, those cams sound amazing". Only to find out its from the "TUNE" WHAT??!!??!! You have got to be kidding me! Anyone know if this will be possible in the future for the Flex/Sho? I imagine it would be something to add to your existing tune as it just messes with the initial idle/cam indexing and that's all. You have to hear it for yourself. I just had to vent about this cause I could not believe its not cams (butter).

V8- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGU03GlRSvc
V6- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CX081SK1E4

THOUGHTS???
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Dxlnt1

Waaaaayy took much noise for me. The beauty of the SHO is its ultimate sleeper status. Unless you truly plan to hot rod the car the track on a regular basis, seems like over kill to me, for my taste anyway.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Sabtaj1

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on October 17, 2015, 04:02:29 AM
Waaaaayy took much noise for me. The beauty of the SHO is its ultimate sleeper status. Unless you truly plan to hot rod the car the track on a regular basis, seems like over kill to me, for my taste anyway.

I agree, but I was just really surprised that it was only a tune and not cams.  The exhaust on that thing is crazy loud.  Like open headers.  But I chose the louder videos so you could hear the cammy-ness the tune makes.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

SHOdded

From what little I have gleaned:

• the tune is for idle conditions
  • needs TiVCT (Ford) tech to work
  • catless exhaust with x-pipe is highly recommended (or required?)
  • some have reported occasional timing chain rattle with the tune loaded
Ford has their own version (Boss TracKey)
QuoteTracKey and Track Cal are Ford Racing exclusive calibrations that provide added functionality to 2013-2014 Mustang GT's with manual transmission.   TracKey is also available for 2012-13 Boss 302 owners part number M-14204-MBTKA

Both calibrations include these exclusive features:

• Driver adjustable Launch Control, or "2-step engine speed limiting"
  • Driver adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control
  • Lopey idle
  • Improved engine performance- Up to 60lb-ft at 1500rpm & peak increases of 16 hp and 7 lb-ft on 93 octane fuel
TracKey or Track Cal - Which is right for me?

TracKey provides the customer a unique key that activates the calibration once it has been installed.  TracKey is sold and installed exclusively through US and Canadian Ford and Lincoln Dealers.  Special equipment and training is required to install TracKey. 

TracKey is available for 2014 Mustang GT (manual transmission only) built after 7/1/2013. The vehicle build month and year are located on the Mfg. by Ford Motor Company decal located on the driver side door jam.

Track Cal is supplied via our exclusive Pro-Cal flash tool.  It is always active but lopey idle can be turned off.  Available for all 2013-2014 Mustang GT's with manual transmission. 

How do TracKey and Track Cal work?

TracKey and Track Cal both contain exclusive calibration features designed for track use and derived from the same software algorithms and features employed in Ford Racing turn-key race cars such as the Boss 302R, Boss 302S, and Cobra Jet. 

Engine performance is similar to the calibration available in the Ford Racing M-FR1-MGTB kit and modifies several PCM parameters including:

• Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT) 
  • Engine braking 
  • Ignition timing 
  • Wide-Open Throttle fueling 
  • Accelerator pedal map 
  • Idle speed 
  • Throttle response
TracKey and Track Cal for Mustang GT

• Alter several thousand lines of code and several hundred calibration parameters.   
  • Are the only calibrations of their type that have gone through the rigorous Ford Racing test procedures.   
  • Are a 50 state legal aftermarket engine performance software upgrade for the 2013-2014 Mustang GT with Manual Transmission (TracKey only available on 2014MY build date after 7/1/2013 date 
NOTE:
Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified  parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle

So it seems Unleashed, LME, etc could add this to their arsenal, but probably do not want to overlap Ford's product line in this manner?  They could provide greater insight on why the "ghost cam" isn't popular for Ecoboost motors.

A reminder/summary of the 3.5EB design:
http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/_pdf/cyclone-tech-v2.pdf
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BadHabit2Break

I had one on my 2012 Mustang GT.  It was cool sounding at idle, but to drive with it was a PIA.  Coming to a light and having to stop in an auto sucked as it wanted to jerk and surge.  Manuals seem to be alot better with it.

I was running LT Headers and Hi-Flo Cats.
Thanks,
Stephen

2015 Explorer Sport - Ruby Red

Vortech347

It ranks up there with Brembo Caliper covers.

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

68_GT

I like the exhaust set up on the 2015 Coyote ! best sounding 5.0 I've heard, but no info on the set up :(
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler