• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Sync Update

Started by CroR1, October 10, 2015, 08:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CroR1

who has updated to the newest sync version gen2v38, and how do you like it?
Pros and cons, and did you notice any glitches?

I am thinking of updating mine here shortly if there are no issues with the new release.

PokerMunkee

I updated mine.  I can't tell any difference.  If you have an iPhone, probably worth it.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Boggus

Been running it for a few days now, and noticed my camera is not as clear as it once was.  On the screen it seems to be hazy (dirty looking) but the camera is clean.  Strange
2013 unleashed SHO PP

USMCSHO341

How do you update it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Its  fairly simple,just log in or register your car by using your vin #and it will SHO you if there is an update available,you need to down load it to your computer,laptop then unzip the file onto a empty 3.0 USB stick,then insert the USB into your car,just follow the prompts.  Z             https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

Thank you for the link SHO.

As Z stated above it is easy, once you enter the vin of your car on Fordowner website, it will let you know if the update is available for your car. Key note, make sure your USB flash is empty and has no other files on it, formated to FAT32. Once you unzip the folder on your desktop, only copy the 3 files, 1 folder "sync" and 2 non folders/files, which are placed together after unzip. Note if you put the the original folder or any other folder that you may click to get to those 3 needed files for download it may not work.

Also, I want to say that you do not need to have the car running, I had mine trickle charger plugged and charging the battery, car accessories on, and the update was done within 15 min. I would imagine Ford does not want people getting stranded by doing this with the car off due to the fact that it might drain the battery.

It said update completed, I have yet to test, and probably will not be able to for the next 2 weeks or so. Although, I did play with the interior light settings, and after switching colors, there was no response, however at that point I think only the radio was on only and ACC/OFF, so that might be why. But, there better not be any glitches.

BiGMaC

I guess this update is to primarily to allow apps like Sync Destinations to work for those without nav... Or radio (Pandors, etc) for those without Sirius... I have been using the "Hey Siri" command to have the iPhone read my texts to me and allow me to respond to them verbally for quite a while now.

Does the phone have to be connected via Blutooth to work with the update? The website is unclear.

I will be interested to see if the ambient lighting effect is due to the update as I installed all LEDs in my interior to match the blue color ambient lighting.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

CroR1

I haven't tested my phones with the new update either. I would imagine there would be no other way unless the phone is connected.

Boggus

On my.ford site, it's lined out on a how-to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 unleashed SHO PP

Vortech347

I haven't had much time in my car since doing the update but I also updated my wife's 11' Escape Limited and that sync now shows and reads her iphone texts!!! Its so awesome.  I hope my SHO will do that too!
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

ElvenSho

Is this for 2011 sho with nav?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

PokerMunkee

No, MyFordTouch for 2013+.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

ZSHO

Quote from: Boggus on October 11, 2015, 12:22:47 AM
Been running it for a few days now, and noticed my camera is not as clear as it once was.  On the screen it seems to be hazy (dirty looking) but the camera is clean.  Strange
I have the same issue for quite sometime now and its not because of the update,figured its something with the camera lens which is made of (glass)probably needs to be changed and a dealer (IDS)process might resolve the resolution to the screen,will keep you updated on any findings,BTW find it strange that the MFT display unit is dis-continued.  Z     http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/taurus/dg1z10d885fa/2013-year/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/electrical-cat/navigation-system-scat/?part_name=display-unit

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

that's add Z, I wonder if the 2016 sync3 screens/units will be a direct fit to our models, and therefore the old units are discontinued.