• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Emblems Yes?

Started by geswek, July 06, 2013, 05:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I don't want to hear about vinyl yet!

I was looking at my factory emblems ($50 for set from Ford); I noticed they are not like the old style. When I had my 2004 F250 there was article on F150 forum where we could basically repaint our emblems to match whatever we wanted. It involved heating up the resin with a hair dryer and pulling it out of the emblem; the emblem was nothing more than a dish with raised lettering.

I did not see the same thing with these emblems on our Taurus -- maybe my eyes deceive me? Has anyone actually tried this old method?

FaSSt9602

I think they may have changed.   The old ones bubbled up all the time.  I'm on my third set on my truck.   It's going bye bye here soon with my new grill...

Sent from my mobile gizmo

2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

geswek

Yeah, looks like vinyl is my only option -- blah.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: geswek on July 06, 2013, 06:54:35 PM
Yeah, looks like vinyl is my only option -- blah.
Which emblems are you talking about?
If you're talking about front and backs try these guys:
http://www.billetbadges.com/products_ovals/
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

mjhpadi

I believe bpd got black Ford emblem for the rear of his car, that looks like the stock emblem.  I know it still has the clear over the Ford part.  I know it wasn't inexpensive but looks great.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

Quote from: mjhpadi on July 06, 2013, 07:31:26 PM
I believe bpd got black Ford emblem for the rear of his car, that looks like the stock emblem.  I know it still has the clear over the Ford part.  I know it wasn't inexpensive but looks great.

I think I can manage back; but not front. Upon further investigation it looks like the actual Ford piece is of some material that can be pulled out; I was able to get a piece of paper between it and the actual chrome oval. My problem then lies with the front as I have the one up there to deal with too.

If Ford hadn't changed the emblems this would have been a piece of cake.

DJE624

I can't remember where but somebody makes actual shell type overlays.  Must have been ebay or google shopping. 

bpd1151

'10, '11, '12 models I know for sure have the removable resin like you're describing. 2013's (or beyond) I'm not really sure about. I believe they were changed though, due to a lot of the complaints (especially about the front ones) not lasting, or being very durable.

I'm on the cell now, but when I get a moment to hop back on a laptop, i'll try to look for the link to where the company that makes them, can do any color you'd desire.

With my own set up, I just chose to completely eliminate the front emblem.

My rear emblem, I had to have completely custom done by hand. Why? Well because the company that pulls out the colored resin, & then refills it with your color choice, will not, and does not, do anything to the chrome 'FORD' scripting.

In my case, I wanted that part to be metallic white, then the background black.

It had to be completely done by hand. Not inexpensive by any means, but another subtle, one off mod that helps me stand out.

Again, I'm on my cell, but when the next chance to hop on the laptop comes up, i'll dig around for links & pictures.

It is Saturday, I am a little blitzed, and umm yea.....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

DJE624

Do not buy vinyl emblem overlays from this guy until further notice.  He sent me some shabby looking things.  I'm waiting to see what he will do for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221228391765?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

He also goes by downard automotive.

EDIT-  I returned these emblem overlays.  The guy gave me a full refund and paid for return shipping.  He said they did look terrible and apologized profusely.  He blamed it on his supplier and his step daughter who does shipping for him.  I gave him positive feedback on ebay for standing behind the sale and refunding me.  Gotta say he is a straight guy. 

bpd1151

Just got access to an actual PC/Notebook, rather than my phone....

Here's the images I was referring to as far as my hand painted side vents and rear trunklid emblem....

ORIGINAL SIDE VENTS.....

REVERSED, Chrome Deleted. and then HAND PAINTED/LETTERED....

ORIGINAL REAR TRUNK LID EMBLEM.....

BACKGROUND PAINTED BLACK, CHROME 'FORD' NOW IN OEM MATCHING METALLIC WHITE, THEN CLEARED.....

DJE624

Hey Mikey!  I like them!  Really, they are cool. 

DJE624

I sent a request to the guy that did my hubs.  He did a good job on them.  He should be able to make domes for my ovals.  If he can't do the Ford script I might just have him do SHO.

DJE624

Don't laugh.  I used "Paint".  These are two possibilities for my rear oval.  I'll be working on the front.  I don't know which I like better.  I'd tell the guy to make the letters thicker. The hubs are black with white letters.  I'm kinda leanin' that way for these.

DJE624

No feed back?  I think I'll just go with Black background, White block letters SHO (thicker than in picture) and no ring.  That way they will match the wheel hubs. 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!