• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3bar sensor with stock tune

Started by SHOmeur, October 07, 2015, 02:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOmeur

Probably a stupid question but it's something I'm not 100% sure about...

I have to bring my car in for some warranty work (not power train related) but I'm sure they will hook up to the diagnostics.

Just in case I want to flash my car with the stock tune, my question is is the stock map sensor needed or will the car be fine if I keep my 3 bar sensor in with the stock tune?

FoMoCoSHO

You have to put the 2 bar back in.

BiGMaC

FoMoCo is correct.... Having accidentally left the 3Bar in once when I flashed to stock.... The car ran, but acted like it had only upper gears in D and shift from R to D was an incredibly hard and shook the car... You don't even want to know....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on October 07, 2015, 07:04:47 AM
FoMoCo is correct.... Having accidentally left the 3Bar in once when I flashed to stock.... The car ran, but acted like it had only upper gears in D and shift from R to D was an incredibly hard and shook the car... You don't even want to know....
Did you have to change your shorts before you figured out what was wrong?

SHOnUup

The dealer will see your flash back to stock...looks like a battery disconnect.

I'd mention to them to check the battery and say you had it on a charger the day you flashed it back to stock...play the game

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

USMCSHO341

I'm glad someone asked this question I was wondering about it myself but felt stupid to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: USMCSHO341 on October 07, 2015, 09:20:21 AM
I'm glad someone asked this question I was wondering about it myself but felt stupid to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a great group of guys here that are always willing to give knowledgeable advice so never feel ashamed to ask any question you may have brother.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

I include a specific note to all customers that I personally set up with our 3 bar tunes in regards to this question to help out. The note includes a photo of the correct location to install it and a reminder that the sensor is tune dependent so they must load the tune before starting the car when the sensor is installed.  I also mention that the 2 bar MAP must be re-installed before starting the vehicle after flashing back to stock. 

I have found sending this note has drastically cut down on the amount of calls / emails we get from people that have installed the sensor near the throttle and think there is something wrong with their tunes.  You would be shocked how many people want to argue the fact that they made a mistake and claim " I know I installed the sensor correctly, it HAS to be your tune's fault".  Then once I am able to calm them down and explain the location is under the engine cover that they never removed it all starts to make sense to them. 

SHOmeur

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 07, 2015, 07:19:45 AM
The dealer will see your flash back to stock...looks like a battery disconnect.

I'd mention to them to check the battery and say you had it on a charger the day you flashed it back to stock...play the game

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

its only going in to get the hubs checked and a vibration at highway speeds (wheel balance most likely) so I'm not to worried if they see. i just want it back to stock for that "just in case" moment.

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 07, 2015, 07:08:42 AM
Actually I freaked... The Manu asked if I still had the 3BAR in... 2min and all was well... Then changed the shorts and showered off my legs.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on October 08, 2015, 10:52:28 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 07, 2015, 07:08:42 AM
Actually I freaked... The Manu asked if I still had the 3BAR in... 2min and all was well... Then changed the shorts and showered off my legs.
Sounds like the zero degree day I had E40+ ish on my E30 tune...it was lots of fun till the car ECM said HELL NO....

When people talk about these cars being able to protect themselves, they aren't joking, lol.

But damn it was a monster while the fun lasted.