• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Purchasing '10 SHO, moving to TN......will tuned cars pass inspection?

Started by Expygator, September 25, 2015, 03:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Expygator

Will a tuned car ( stage 4 ) with 3 bar, t-stat and plugs pass emissions tests?
2010 non-PP. K&N drop in.

SHOdded

Yes, as long as you have catted downpipes, either OEM or aftermarket hiflows such as from PPE or LME.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Didnt lms have some clever wording on the topic of catted pipes and not being able to guarantee i/m rediness for emmission testing? And maybe only being for off road vehicles?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

I thought based on the OP(newbie)question that it was only referenced to passing emmission testing with a tune only.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Ooop thought i saw something about pipes....guess i should open my eyes

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Courier6

Quote from: Expygator on September 25, 2015, 03:12:23 PM

I doubt it, I have to put the 2 bar in and return to stock, then do the readiness for inspection drive cycle every year, just went through it this month.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

AJP turbo

Quote from: Courier6 on September 25, 2015, 05:39:32 PM

I doubt it, I have to put the 2 bar in and return to stock, then do the readiness for inspection drive cycle every year, just went through it this month.

If u dont touch the cats , then the 3 bar or stat should have no effect on setting the monitors...when u install a 3 bar sensor u just have to scale the map sensor according to properly fuel the engine

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

MileHighV

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 25, 2015, 06:07:16 PM

When you say "Return to stock" - Are you removing the PPE DP's too, or just stock tune & 2 bar MAP?  Do they have a visual inspection for cats in TN?
Also - How stringent is TN regarding window tint? - I have 20% all around (27% is legal here, and I see many, many people running 20% with no hassles). 
Considering a potential move to TN...
2013 Sterling Grey SHO w/ Performance Pack
PPE Catted Downpipes, Livernois 93 tune, 3 bar MAP
EvenFlow 160º T-stat, Eibach Rear Springs, 20% tint
355hp @ wheels (444hp @ crank)

Courier6

Quote from: MileHighV on October 08, 2015, 01:42:16 PM
Quote from: ajpturbo on September 25, 2015, 06:07:16 PM

When you say "Return to stock" - Are you removing the PPE DP's too, or just stock tune & 2 bar MAP?  Do they have a visual inspection for cats in TN?
Also - How stringent is TN regarding window tint? - I have 20% all around (27% is legal here, and I see many, many people running 20% with no hassles). 
Considering a potential move to TN...

I just have to put the 2 bar back in and return to tune to stock in order to pass. Done it three times now.

Tint darkness for sedans:

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

MileHighV

Is the TN inspection strict about the 35%, or will they let you slide?

Here in CO, 20% on the fronts is common (7% darker than legal), and cops don't seem to care, and neither do the inspection stations (semi-annual).

Thanks!
2013 Sterling Grey SHO w/ Performance Pack
PPE Catted Downpipes, Livernois 93 tune, 3 bar MAP
EvenFlow 160º T-stat, Eibach Rear Springs, 20% tint
355hp @ wheels (444hp @ crank)

Courier6

Quote from: MileHighV on October 08, 2015, 06:09:16 PM
Is the TN inspection strict about the 35%, or will they let you slide?

Here in CO, 20% on the fronts is common (7% darker than legal), and cops don't seem to care, and neither do the inspection stations (semi-annual).

Thanks!

My car is not legal and I was pulled over one time and let go.

SHOdded

Don't know if a Dr's prescription would help.  That allows for darker tints.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!