• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

front end rattle when going over bumps ??

Started by 68_GT, September 20, 2015, 03:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

something is making noise when I go over bumps from the front end.

Dealer guy says maybe my sway bar bushings ?

any suggestions ? I'm at 72K miles on my 13 PP.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

ZSHO

I had a similiar rattle a while back but it was coming from the front drivers side strut tower,found the bolt fairly loose and they re-torqued it to oem specs,pretty simple fix. BTW a worn out sway bar bushing will cause a creaking sound,could be wrong.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

68_GT

which bolt ? my top ones in the engine bay are snug.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

ZSHO

Here is a recent thread and you will see the pics at the bottom of the thread,hope this helps any brother.  Z     http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5260.msg83865.html#msg83865       http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2013/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat     

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

68_GT

dealer says to look at sway bar bushings ???

I guess they mean the end links ? they sure look weird on the SHO.

Has anyone changed their sway bar end link bushings ? This would make sense it seems like my SHO does lean a tad more while cornering than when the car was newer.

glock-coma

I've tried. Those suckers are crazy hard to remove. You have to hold the end while you use an open /box end wrench to loosen the nut.
You can't use an impact wrench due to having to hold the end to prevent it from spinning with the nut...
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

That's pretty much how it's setup on the Edge as well.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

I'm actually under my sho right now, figured I'd post up a picture of the swaybar link. Also I think I just found my front End clunk. This lower control arm bushing is shot

SHOdded

That bushing's a goner for sure!  You'll probably have to replace the entire control arm :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Quote from: SHOdded on October 27, 2015, 02:56:13 PM
That bushing's a goner for sure!  You'll probably have to replace the entire control arm :(
should be covered under warranty I purchased...ha ha

68_GT

that's what my end link looks like too. My lower boot looks bad but doesn't seem like that was cause the bushing inside it to be making noise ??

beez74

if you can move those links by hand they are bad ..my 2013 clunked on bumps and I replace them and hasn't clunked since...the old one I could move and wiggle new ones I cant budge...my Taurus only had 27000 when I needed them replaced ..also had to replace a wheel bearing at 21000 :-(