• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Taurus SHO Subwoofer Install

Started by polskifacet, September 15, 2015, 05:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Just wanted to post up my system took me a while to design something that's fully removable when I need the trunk yet doesn't move around on some tight turns.

• JL 1000/1 Amp
  • Eclipse (Now TCSounds) 12" Sub
  • Custom ported box tuned to woofer
  • Box painted to car's paint code
  • 4 gauge wiring
  • Cat 5e for preamp runs to under steering wheel
  • Pre-amp level knob
  • Ratched strap mounting system
  • Custom birch plywood trunk bottom carpeted
  • DC Disconnect

Would like to make note of the fact that tapping into the pre-amp wires results in full level pre-outs. Radio volume knobs doesn't change the level of the pre-outs.

AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

Dxlnt1

For space considerations is exactly why I had my subs custom made. Only thing I will be doing next is changing boxes to house 12" sub, and adding a speaker grill to protect cone.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

Interesting use of network cabling :)  Brings back old-timey memories of DIY speaker cables!  Power was run from the engine compartment through the firewall plug?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

Quote from: SHOdded on September 15, 2015, 05:53:36 PM
Interesting use of network cabling :)  Brings back old-timey memories of DIY speaker cables!  Power was run from the engine compartment through the firewall plug?
No i drilled a hole in the firewall with a unibit and put a firewall cable bushing in.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

FoMoCoSHO

polskifacet

dfwSHO

Quote from: polskifacet on September 16, 2015, 10:48:27 AM
No i drilled a hole in the firewall with a unibit and put a firewall cable bushing in.

What route did you take once through the firewall.  Trying to figure out how to power back to the trunk.

Thanks.
--dfwSHO
2014 Tuxedo Black non-PP
MDesign Cold Air
More to Come...

A 01 Badger

Quote from: dfwSHO on October 20, 2015, 03:45:00 PM
Quote from: polskifacet on September 16, 2015, 10:48:27 AM

What route did you take once through the firewall.  Trying to figure out how to power back to the trunk.

Thanks.

I'm with dfwSHO.  I have entire system installed and ready to go, but I can't really find a good way through the firewall.  I have read countless posts on this and haven't really found anything I'd consider acceptable or where the pics/descriptions actually gave me a decent enough idea where to poke through. 

Love the box painted to match.  I also went with the quick disconnect plugs in the trunk so I could remove the box when needed.

Sold - 2013 SHO w/ PP LMS 93 Tune, 3 Bar, NGK Iridium Plugs, MDesign CAI,  30% tint

2018 XSport - AJP Turbo tune, Steeda Rear Sway Bar and Rear Trailing Arms

2011 Audi S4 mt6 - EPL Stage 2 tune, Injen intake, EPL supercharger pulley, RDX Billet trans mount, ECS sub frame inserts, JXB Performance Short Throw shift kit.

ZSHO

Did you see my post on the wire pass thru thread.  Z     http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5329.0.html . Hope this helps any. 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

A 01 Badger

Quote from: ZSHO on October 20, 2015, 09:04:58 PM
Did you see my post on the wire pass thru thread.  Z     http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5329.0.html . Hope this helps any.

I did not see this one before.  Wish I would have.  I already ran the wire along the driverside.  Now I wonder if I should just redo it for find a way through the driver side firewall.
Sold - 2013 SHO w/ PP LMS 93 Tune, 3 Bar, NGK Iridium Plugs, MDesign CAI,  30% tint

2018 XSport - AJP Turbo tune, Steeda Rear Sway Bar and Rear Trailing Arms

2011 Audi S4 mt6 - EPL Stage 2 tune, Injen intake, EPL supercharger pulley, RDX Billet trans mount, ECS sub frame inserts, JXB Performance Short Throw shift kit.

ZSHO

Quote from: A 01 Badger on October 20, 2015, 09:17:57 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 20, 2015, 09:04:58 PM

I did not see this one before.  Wish I would have.  I already ran the wire along the driverside.  Now I wonder if I should just redo it for find a way through the driver side firewall.
I guess thats really your call,i'm somewhat ocd especially when it comes down to my car,lol  best of luck .  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

I used the huge grommet that is on the drivers side under the vents toward the bottom of the windshield. I just carefully cut an X in the existing grommet and put the wire through, siliconed it after so its water tight again. Fairly simple just tedious.

glock-coma

Quote from: polskifacet on November 02, 2015, 09:21:11 PM
I used the huge grommet that is on the drivers side under the vents toward the bottom of the windshield. I just carefully cut an X in the existing grommet and put the wire through, siliconed it after so its water tight again. Fairly simple just tedious.
i believe this is where Lanson installed his without issue.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)