• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Welcome to General Tuning!

Started by FoMoCoSHO, September 09, 2015, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Welcome to the General Tuning board!

Device questions, troubleshooting, tips, tricks, and general discussion about tuning theory all welcome here!

ZSHO

Excellent topic FoMoCoSHO, to say the least,personally found out last week and figured let me just share it here on this board,going to make it very brief for anyone considering or have any thoughts on purchasing a Diablo tuner please just do your self a favor and avoid all the headaches that come with it for free,learned that they actually has two catastrophic failures as of late,just stick with a reputable co like LME OR Torrie with a positive proven track record,what else can you ask for.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on September 09, 2015, 10:24:24 PM
Excellent topic FoMoCoSHO, to say the least,personally found out last week and figured let me just share it here on this board,going to make it very brief for anyone considering or have any thoughts on purchasing a Diablo tuner please just do your self a favor and avoid all the headaches that come with it for free,learned that they actually has two catastrophic failures as of late,just stick with a reputable co like LME OR Torrie with a positive proven track record,what else can you ask for.  Z
Good to know!....I'm interested in the other various devices as well but like you i don't trust anyone except our esteemed tuners and their respective platforms at this point. Not to say I don't keep an open mind though.   ;)

JDW1

I think were getting close on my tune.  The cooler temps brought out an issue with fuel pressure and I leaned out a tad in my last log.  Torrie lowered boost a little because of it.  I wonder, is there anything out there in development that would help us circumvent this?  In my MS6 I bought a set of HPFP internals and problem solved.  There doesn't seem to be anything out there for us in this regard.  I guess ppl just use meth to compensate.  It's just weird that there's turbo upgraded out there but nothing to fuel the car. 
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.