• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SHO Front End Issue...Video of the issue as well**UPDATE*

Started by shaneirish, September 07, 2015, 10:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I actually had a similiar noise a while back and the tech found my drivers side strut tower was fairly loose,they re-torqued the bolt to oem specs and fixed my issue,just a thought.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shaneirish

I'm hoping it's that simple.  I haven't heard from them yet. 
2010 SHO 20" Wheels, LMS 4X tune, AirRaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, 160 Thermostat.  TSB's and Failures TSB-11-12-10 - 6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION. TSB 11-11-09 - INTERMITTENT STEERING DRIFT/PULL. All four wheel bearings replaced winter 2014-2015 (all failed at different times and within four weeks of each other, PTU Failure at 54,000 miles. Climate heat issue fixed, halfshaft issue. Right front strut bearing plate failure at 79,000. TSB installed the thrust washer over the halfshaft.

ZSHO

Quote from: shaneirish on September 09, 2015, 04:11:44 PM
I guess playing these guessing games is costing them and hopefully they want to be certain this time in pinpointing the correct diagnosis.. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on September 09, 2015, 04:30:09 PM
Quote from: shaneirish on September 09, 2015, 04:11:44 PM
I guess playing these guessing games is costing them and hopefully they want to be certain this time in pinpointing the correct diagnosis.. Z
If it's that simple just think of all the free new parts you got installed.     My son had an intermittent issue with his MKS not starting because the starter didn't turn over... After multiple visits and thousands in warranty work (they even put a new ECU... Because no codes were set)..... Finally real mechanic walked by and told them to check the starter because it was too slow to turn over even when it worked.  It was the starter!.... Makes you wonder.
Definitely didn't follow Sutton's Law.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

shaneirish

They called me and said they still cannot find it and that they have a call into the "hotline"..whatever that is.  Then the service lead asks me if I want to raise the white flag..wtf does that mean??!! Jhc I was pissed..they are the certified mechanics..why can't they find the noise origin with the diagnostic stethoscope??? I'm nor sure what to do now.
2010 SHO 20" Wheels, LMS 4X tune, AirRaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, 160 Thermostat.  TSB's and Failures TSB-11-12-10 - 6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION. TSB 11-11-09 - INTERMITTENT STEERING DRIFT/PULL. All four wheel bearings replaced winter 2014-2015 (all failed at different times and within four weeks of each other, PTU Failure at 54,000 miles. Climate heat issue fixed, halfshaft issue. Right front strut bearing plate failure at 79,000. TSB installed the thrust washer over the halfshaft.

FoMoCoSHO

Have they checked your brake hardware?

The clips etc can cause a pop and ting as well.

Sounds like its time to find a new dealership...

BiGMaC

Quote from: shaneirish on September 09, 2015, 09:11:01 PM
They called me and said they still cannot find it and that they have a call into the "hotline"..whatever that is.  Then the service lead asks me if I want to raise the white flag..wtf does that mean??!! Jhc I was pissed..they are the certified mechanics..why can't they find the noise origin with the diagnostic stethoscope??? I'm nor sure what to do now.
...because they are not mechanics, but serviced technicians?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

shaneirish

They cannot pinpoint the noise with the diagnostics. The scope and now they said they're waiting for a reply from the engineer's in Dearborn. I hope they don't look and see if I accessed the computer with my LMS tune

ZSHO

I would not worry as long as you have it in stock tune,sounds to me that there trying to gather up some ideas on what exactly it could be from the main headquarters.  Z