• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New TSB for 3.5 GDI Sartup Rattle 15-0131

Started by BiGMaC, September 05, 2015, 10:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

So what is the fix for this my engine light just came on I suspect it might be pulling timing now.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

AJP turbo

Quote from: 68_GT on April 21, 2016, 06:23:42 PM
So what is the fix for this my engine light just came on I suspect it might be pulling timing now.

Why woukd you suspect that?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

68_GT

Engine light came on. Had it scanned its code P0016 cam/crankshaft position sensor. My guess is timing chain stretch ??! The car normally runs strong even at 95k miles but occasionally it feels a little down on power and I had heard other EB were pulling timing due to the chain stretch.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

ZSHO

If you like to read found page 143 & 144 interesting.  Z       http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/motorcraft/OBDSM1505.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: 68_GT on April 21, 2016, 09:58:31 PM
Engine light came on. Had it scanned its code P0016 cam/crankshaft position sensor. My guess is timing chain stretch ??! The car normally runs strong even at 95k miles but occasionally it feels a little down on power and I had heard other EB were pulling timing due to the chain stretch.
For the F150s, but should be applicable to the SHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

68_GT

I just want to know if I can buy the parts and fix it myself or have another shop fix it. I believe I read somewhere the dealership charges $2700 for this repair.

68_GT

Engine light went off and my SHO seems to run great. Do these timing chains ever break causing a catastrophic engine failure?

salsathe4th

I just switched to Aimsoil and replaced the store brand filter to a motor craft one and most of my start up rattle has gone away  :WOOT:
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

ZSHO

Quote from: salsathe4th on April 23, 2016, 10:34:40 AM
I just switched to Aimsoil and replaced the store brand filter to a motor craft one and most of my start up rattle has gone away  :WOOT:
Thats certainly some great news to hear,so you went with the 5w-20 oil and M.C Filter correct? What did you always use prior? Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

salsathe4th

Yes 5w-20. I just got the car at the end of summer last year so the only other oil change I had was from a place that put in federated oil and a federated auto filter. My belt has always been loud when starting the car.
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

SHOdded

Over time, the Amsoil should also help clean up things inside the engine somewhat; the hope is it will nearly eliminate the rattle.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

68_GT

Are you thinking it will eliminate the rattle by cleaning oiling holes in the chain tensioner ?

SHOdded

Quote from: 68_GT on April 24, 2016, 08:08:15 PM
Are you thinking it will eliminate the rattle by cleaning oiling holes in the chain tensioner ?
Any and all oil passages, including those, correct.  Though I should make it clear that the Amsoil Signature is truly their best offering.

68_GT

SHOdded

Direct
Http://Www.amsoil.com

Sign up for the 6 month nembership, wait for the materials to arrive, then go online and buy.  You can also look up distributors close to you on their website, if you want to skip all that.  Probably no discounts that way tho.