• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PPE DOWN PIPES

Started by cseverens, August 28, 2015, 04:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cseverens

you seem to have the least expensive price on all brands down pipes ($760 shipped), and I hear ppe is tops. my question is do these come with 4 new gaskets, or do I need to buy these myself? still trying to decide if I even need a downpipe and/or it's even worth it. thanks.
2013 Ford Flex Limited E/B

SHOdded

Buy the gaskets yerself.  Cheaper.  Well worth it to prevent leaks and prevent re-doing and re-re-doing work.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

navbtcret

Quote from: SHOdded on August 28, 2015, 04:41:53 PM
Buy the gaskets yerself.  Cheaper.  Well worth it to prevent leaks and prevent re-doing and re-re-doing work.

I have heard lots of people saying buy new gaskets and I have to disagree, the ones from the factory are very good and can be reused. Mine have been on for about a year now and I reused the factory gaskets. I bought my DP's used and they came with new gaskets too from the person I bought them from but I choose to reuse the factory ones. Your choice.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

SHOnUup

With a few guys having tried to use original gaskets and having leaks...best to just spend the $20 on gaskets and replace when they're off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

X2 Agreed,for a peace of mind why not change them,especialy if your car is over a few years old or depending on the mileage.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

Just installed mine today. you won't be disappointed. BUT i have some tips.

1. after removing the O2 sensors. check to make sure they fit onto the new down pipes. the hole that was drilled didn't line up 100% and i had to get the good ole bastard file out for about 20min on it. wasn't thrilled, but hey, i got it to work!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOdded

Yeah!  Welcome 2 da club!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: peppelepugh on August 29, 2015, 05:22:06 PM
Just installed mine today. you won't be disappointed. BUT i have some tips.

1. after removing the O2 sensors. check to make sure they fit onto the new down pipes. the hole that was drilled didn't line up 100% and i had to get the good ole bastard file out for about 20min on it. wasn't thrilled, but hey, i got it to work!
Had the same deal on mine...like the threads were just a little chunky

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

EcoPowerParts

I've given PPE the feedback on the pipes, they are rectifying and chasing the threads before shipping.
Sorry for the lack of response, was in TX for a wrestling software meeting for 3 days.
Pipes take 3 weeks to be made and will ship.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

cseverens

that's good news. I will not be doing the work myself, so I need them as plug and play as possible!! I assumed free shipping based on other websites I visited when looking for downpipes, but I may be wrong. how much is shipping to a business in 02920?

EcoPowerParts

UPS Estimate (UPS Ground)   $127.46
Just FYI, there's a quick calc right on my site so you can put the information in and it will tell you shipping immediately.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

cseverens

EcoPowerParts

Sorry, it's coming from Phoenix :(
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

Does it all come in one box Mike, is it due to weight or odd shape?  If it's due to weight, can it be split into 2 boxes for cheaper?

cseverens

Quote from: SHOdded on September 01, 2015, 12:34:05 PM
Does it all come in one box Mike, is it due to weight or odd shape?  If it's due to weight, can it be split into 2 boxes for cheaper?

good question. holding back my order to see answer. unleashed ships his for about $63, but he is a little closer. didn't check lms, not interested in those!