• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Group buy for Hot Pipes for SHO/Flex

Started by EcoPowerParts, August 22, 2015, 03:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glock-coma

They are on the pressure side of the turbo. If you see your stock hot pipes durning boost its pretty comical. They literally blow up like balloons. The upgraded ones prevent this and future tears/ issues.
If your running upgraded turbos the are a necessity.
Eye candy is just a plus.   
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

bpd1151

The other issue with retaining OEM piping, is that from a tuning perspective (doesn't matter which vendor one elects to use) the expansion of the piping side under boost, as mentioned by Glock, is that those expansions provide "challenges" let's say, to the tuners, due to varying boost conditions in relation to the contracting / expanding of the OEM piping.

By utilizing the hard pipes, this eliminates those challenges, provides a better platform to your chosen tuner, to make use of consistent, reliable, controlled boost conditions.

The prevention of split OEM piping is also another plus, as is the "eye candy" factor.

One detriment however though is heat soak, which is customarily not mentioned.

But as is the case with any given mod, there are +'s and -'s, so you have to choose what's best in your opinion, for your ride, as it fits into the overall mod equation.

Oh yea, and the "oh wow" eye candy factor? Over the top IMHO......

SHOnUup

My eyes just had a sugar rush!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Dxlnt1

LOL, ok you gave me a toothache with those. This becomes more of a reliability upgrade then.

I am strapped for cash. I may try to join the next group buy.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

66 Galaxie

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 20, 2015, 07:15:13 AM
The other issue with retaining OEM piping, is that from a tuning perspective (doesn't matter which vendor one elects to use) the expansion of the piping side under boost, as mentioned by Glock, is that those expansions provide "challenges" let's say, to the tuners, due to varying boost conditions in relation to the contracting / expanding of the OEM piping.

By utilizing the hard pipes, this eliminates those challenges, provides a better platform to your chosen tuner, to make use of consistent, reliable, controlled boost conditions.

The prevention of split OEM piping is also another plus, as is the "eye candy" factor.

One detriment however though is heat soak, which is customarily not mentioned.

But as is the case with any given mod, there are +'s and -'s, so you have to choose what's best in your opinion, for your ride, as it fits into the overall mod equation.

Oh yea, and the "oh wow" eye candy factor? Over the top IMHO......

I wish copies of your intake were available for folks to buy...

Your car looks fabulous!
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

EcoPowerParts

Pipes are done and being shipped for quoting next week. I'll keep everyone updated.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Gray Brick

Can you install pre compressor bungs for meth?

If so... I am in.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

EcoPowerParts

These don't go to the inlets, these are outlet of the turbo to the TB.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

Gray Brick

Thought they were for both.... my mistake.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

66 Galaxie

These pipes are more tempting as I slowly approach the end of the stock warranty, hmmm...
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

miller007

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on October 23, 2015, 05:02:04 PM
Pipes are done and being shipped for quoting next week. I'll keep everyone updated.

awesome - hit me up!  = )
2013 PP SHO Platinum White - Megan Coilovers, Airaid Hot AI, Corsa cat-back, LMS catted DP's, Alky Controls 100% Meth kit, 170° stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS 91-93 Methanol tune, white LED's, tinted heads and tails, and lots o' custom exterior mods...

nickstewartroc

I see on the site it says it will be open for two weeks, will it be open till the 15th?
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

EcoPowerParts

OK guys I was able to get everything handled and get pretty dang close to where I said:
$450 for hot pipes with all the hoses and connectors
Add $100 for stock BoV (manufacturing pricing went up on me on these) or add $260 for Tial BoV
You can also order without a BoV and have a local shop weld on whatever BoV you want to use for your set.
Add $35.00 for coating
Right now you'll pay $695 for stock BoV pipes or $895 for Tial BoV
That's $185 off of current pricing.
Currently we're looking around 6 weeks from order start to finish, after that around 1 week as I'll have them in stock.
I've updated the pricing and it's available to order now!
http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22:faccfc765b5b911093e954f3e462d35b
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: nickstewartroc on October 30, 2015, 05:14:47 PM
I see on the site it says it will be open for two weeks, will it be open till the 15th?
Last day to order on special pricing will be Nov 20th.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

nickstewartroc

Awesome! Will def be ordering mine the 15th
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune