• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My chinese android tablet showed up today - going to be used for Torque

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 03, 2013, 08:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

It's Anoil Fire tablet, 7" nice and small with a back camera on it. I plan on having a mount made in the car so that I can some extra gauges. I'm going to try and get someone to make a duplicate of my Flex gauges within the Torque app itself.

Looking forward to getting it installed after I get my car back.

http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo-7-fire-android-tablet-pc-dual-core-1-5ghz-wifi-hd-2160p-dual-camera-bluetooth-16gb.html
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

That's pretty neat.  Good price.  How long did it take to get it? I'd like to have a dedicated tab for my SHO.  My Nexus doesn't have a back camera so I'd have to use my phone.  Need some way to mount it too.  I might check out the stores this weekend.

EcoPowerParts

Took about two weeks to get it

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 03, 2013, 08:57:46 PM
Took about two weeks to get it

Did I miss the price? 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

FaSSt9602

Let me know how that tablet is.   My 2 year old loves my tablet,  but I don't like her playing with my $600 tablet.   Might have to get her her own to break.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

Works great, screen is very clear, haven't paid  any games but YouTube works awesome

www.ecopowerparts.com -

Larrylu

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 03, 2013, 08:12:32 PM
It's Anoil Fire tablet, 7" nice and small with a back camera on it. I plan on having a mount made in the car so that I can some extra gauges. I'm going to try and get someone to make a duplicate of my Flex gauges within the Torque app itself.

I'm anxious to see how you get it mounted, and how it maintains it's charge. The charge issue has been the most stubborn problem by far with my Nexus 7.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Larrylu on July 04, 2013, 09:56:10 AM

I'm anxious to see how you get it mounted, and how it maintains it's charge. The charge issue has been the most stubborn problem by far with my Nexus 7.
I'll be taking it by a local legend car stereo shop to get it installed, I plan on having a custom mount on top of the dash made that extends from the center of the dash to the front lip and have a "slide down" mount for it. I plan on having them take apart the tablet and connect directly to the circuit board for 120V output that I'll connect to the factory 120V connection. This tablet can also do dual screen, eventually I'll hook the micro HDMI to a composite video converter into the lockpick for the Flex so I can display stuff on the factory NAV screen.
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Larrylu

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 04, 2013, 09:59:42 AM
Quote from: Larrylu on July 04, 2013, 09:56:10 AM

I'll be taking it by a local legend car stereo shop to get it installed, I plan on having a custom mount on top of the dash made that extends from the center of the dash to the front lip and have a "slide down" mount for it. I plan on having them take apart the tablet and connect directly to the circuit board for 120V output that I'll connect to the factory 120V connection. This tablet can also do dual screen, eventually I'll hook the micro HDMI to a composite video converter into the lockpick for the Flex so I can display stuff on the factory NAV screen.
:)

Sounds like a very elegant solution and one that will avoid my charging issues. I will really appreciate seeing the custom mount, and hearing how it stays charged. The wiring  might be what I need to try on my Nexus. When you get a price from your custom shop, I'd love to hear what that number is.  Especially the custom wiring part. The concept of displaying more gauges on the Nav screen blows my mind. Way cool!!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

Quote from: CoreyMS on July 04, 2013, 10:34:50 AM
A rocketfish 12v to usb adapter fixed my charging issues.  Just wasnt getting enough juice to keep up.  This one makes the moat power ive found.

Checked out the Rocketfish and it puts out the standard 2.1 amps. The high output one I'm using now, puts out 3.5 amps. The best part of my high output USB is that it has two outputs. One for Apple and one for non Apple. The non Apple takes advantage of the Android requirement of shorting the data cables to allow fast charge. They do that in the 110 volt wall charger that comes with an Android tablet. If the tablet senses that the data pins are not shorted you get an anemic  .5 amp charge rate. Probably ok for a phone, but real low for a tablet.  If the pins are shorted you get a more reasonable 2.1 amps.  Using this charger, I'm now actually charging faster than I'm discharging while running.....but just barely. With battery loss overnight and parked, (tablet sleeping) I'm still not keeping up overall due to the limited length of my average trip. So I'm stuck recharging maybe once a week. Not terrible but there is room for improvement, and I guess I'll keep looking for it.

Larrylu

Quote from: CoreyMS on July 05, 2013, 01:39:05 AM
It prob helps i have a custom kernal.  Franco kernal.

Yes I tried that too. My kernel is from Timur. Does yours go to sleep automatically when you turn off your ignition, or do shut down completely? I'll check out your kernel and see if that provides for the charging difference. Thanks for the input.

Larrylu

Quote from: CoreyMS on July 06, 2013, 01:47:37 AM
I use tasker to control it.  When the truck turns off the charger stops, (wired in my own to 12v igniton) it puts it to sleep, kills all apps and turns everthing (gps  bluetooth and wifi) off.  Truck on tuens it all on.

Might be it. If yours turns off and mine just goes to sleep.....could be the difference. I'll look into Tasker today. Thanks for the tip!