• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Canned SCT vs purchased tune

Started by Egoboost, August 07, 2015, 04:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egoboost

Ok, please don't kill me but I've searched high & low and can't find any comparos between the canned SCT tune vs purchased (ie Unleashed, Livernois, etc).  I have an unlocked SCT X3 3015 and was planning to go with an Unleashed 93 octane tune.  Already have new plugs tstat and 3bar on the shelf waiting for it.  Just for fun I loaded the canned SCT and it made quite the difference...I was shocked actually.  I'm no stranger to tuning so no real surprise but has anyone ever compared the canned to a vendors tune?

AJP turbo

The canned sct tune is garbage I'm surprised they actually put it out...the throttle never opens fully when u wot...I've logged it...much better off with a custom tune
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Egoboost

Thanks...I sort of figured as much seeing as how I can't find any info whatsoever on it, can't hardly wait for my unleashed to go on the car

SHOdded

I expect the canned tunes have to play it "safe", accommodating vehicles in a wide variety of conditions, AND give their licensees a way to make money.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ElvenSho

Torrie does the best tunes imo. Go with him and make sure to datalog to get the most out of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

Egoboost

Torrie's my pick, Livernois seems very capable as well but the datalogging is what won me over.