• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ACES IV - An effective octane booster and anti-wear additive?

Started by SHOdded, August 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

92BlackGT

i went through that quart of ACES IV quick (damn road trip)... time to get a gallon of it
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Seasons coming to an end for many of us pretty soon.

Any logging with your tuner, track times, dyno #'s coming up from you guys testing this stuff out?

Curious to see any kind of results...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Rich-

Somewhere in this thread I put up some logs.

Also check out the other thread in the BND section as there is some other info.

I had hoped to have more data and some time slips but that's not looking good as recovery has been slow.

Zorin

Brian,

I can get ethanol free gas, would it be better to use that with ACES IV?   For in town (Fort Walton Beach, FL) we have several gas stations that serve ethanol free gas.  Another question, if I start off using just ethanol in my SHO, should I initially use the 93 Octane with ACES IV and then switch to the lower octane gas or just use lower from the start?

TIA,
Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Zorin on October 11, 2015, 09:32:19 AM
Brian,

I can get ethanol free gas, would it be better to use that with ACES IV?   For in town (Fort Walton Beach, FL) we have several gas stations that serve ethanol free gas.  Another question, if I start off using just ethanol in my SHO, should I initially use the 93 Octane with ACES IV and then switch to the lower octane gas or just use lower from the start?

TIA,
Z
Is your car stock or tuned?

Do you happen to run Torque for gauges?

FoMoCoSHO

A good test for the ACES would be to run 87 on a stock tune with ACES and see where OAR is....

Zorin

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 11, 2015, 12:16:58 PM
Quote from: Zorin on October 11, 2015, 09:32:19 AM
Brian,

TIA,
Z
Is your car stock or tuned?

Do you happen to run Torque for gauges?

I guess I should fix my signature, lol.  Currently running LMS 93 Stg 4 plus-3 bar tune, 160 stat, Michelin Pilot Pro Sport 255/45/20s, I don't have an app to run torque as of yet.  Was debating on a meth kit before I saw this post...

Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

SHOdded

Do you have an Android tablet or an Apple device?  Torque Pro will run only on Android devices, so in order to use the custom formulas, you will have to have an Android device handy.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOdded on October 11, 2015, 01:51:41 PM
Do you have an Android tablet or an Apple device?  Torque Pro will run only on Android devices, so in order to use the custom formulas, you will have to have an Android device handy.

Theoretically, the Android and Apples can read either. Practically, Android VERY reliable using bluetooth. When using WiFi it bites hard. Apples use WiFi without missing a beat. But stumble using bluetooth. Go figure.

I bought WiFi reader cause I wanted best of both. AND I know I will be dumping my Note 4 soon for iPhone. And cant justify 2 different readers due to cost and there varying setups.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

Wifi works fine on Android as well, you just need the right OBD II adapter, such as the vGate adapter I have extolled numerous times.  The adapter has worked for me with both Android and Apple devices without a hitch.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOdded on October 11, 2015, 11:09:18 PM
Wifi works fine on Android as well, you just need the right OBD II adapter, such as the vGate adapter I have extolled numerous times.  The adapter has worked for me with both Android and Apple devices without a hitch.

Maybe so but I haven't had that kind of luck. The obdlink is a good adapter since it reads all buss. Just the hitch with Android and wifi
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

OBDLink WiFi = Suckyland.  OBDLink Bluetooth = Seventh Heaven.  vGate Wifi = Feelin' pretty darn good wherever I am (apple country or android maze).  In summary.  As confirmed across multiple Android devices from multiple mfrs :)

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOdded on October 11, 2015, 11:53:02 PM
OBDLink WiFi = Suckyland.  OBDLink Bluetooth = Seventh Heaven.  vGate Wifi = Feelin' pretty darn good wherever I am (apple country or android maze).  In summary.  As confirmed across multiple Android devices from multiple mfrs :)

Is this the one you have?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PFFG1EO?keywords=vgate&qid=1444632348&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

Or this one?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PFFG1JE?keywords=vgate&qid=1444632348&ref_=sr_1_7&sr=8-7

Or this?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R3SXDR4?keywords=vgate%20wifi&qid=1444632658&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5

Lastly?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RMB7ZTY?keywords=vgate%20wifi&qid=1444632765&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6

Maybe for the $30 I would spring for another wifi adapter. Just to have one size fits all

SHOdded

The one I specifically got was this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PFFG1JE

This is Version 2 of the device.  There is a Version 3 out, but haven't used it.