• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ACES IV - An effective octane booster and anti-wear additive?

Started by SHOdded, August 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Mixing protip....

After putting in your brew of choice, grab the nozzle adapter by the little handle and dip it in the windshield wash reservoir provided at the gas station island. This way you can store it in the vehicle free of chemicals.

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: J-Will on August 31, 2015, 05:15:03 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 31, 2015, 03:51:11 PM
Jwill are you trying to do it before or after? You can do both but I think after will be most accurate. Torque will give you a percentage which you can convert, but it is thrown off of the car isnt perfectly level.
I don't have the product yet, I'm just planning its usage. And mixing seems like a hassle. Some product make you pour first, then fill up. This one seems a little more forgiving with the order.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Think of ACES IV in this way.   There is Elmer's Glue and then there is Epoxy Glue.   Elmer's is like all the additives on the shelf.....single phase and works for one thing only.  ACES IV is like Epoxy glue in that this type of glue has a catalyst reaction.  Multiple stages and phases.   

ACES IV doesn't need to be agitated or shaken at all.  It is perfectly fine to put in after you fill up.  We suggest that you fill the tank all the way up initially and then treat the whole tank.  It will catalyze in about 40 seconds just sitting there.  After that point you only treat the fuel that you add.....so 12 gallons....2 oz......15 gallons.....2.5 oz.......18 gallons...3 oz etc.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com 

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: SHOdded on August 31, 2015, 05:34:09 PM
True; with HEET I can add anytime

Heet is straight Methanol.  Eventhough it is a dry gas, it is really corrosive!!  ACES IV functions very well as a dry gas without any corrosion.

, but with 104+ I am supposed to add before fillup only.  Of course having a saddle type fuel tank with AWD doesn't help matters much!

Remember that 104+ contains MMT with petroleum distillates as a vehicle.   The manganese is their proprietary additive that makes the plugs impossible to read.  The oxides from MMT are very very abrasive and will erode the cylinders and components over time.  I have seen engines that run this stuff and it is not pretty!   

ACES IV works better and has no manganese.  6 times less ring and bore wear, 4 times less stem and guide wear with 5 times less valve seat and face damage. 

Some things to consider!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 31, 2015, 05:35:11 PM
Its not bad, I just wish the bottle had 1,.5, and .25 graduations.

The 16 oz bottle has a 1 oz cup, 1/2 oz and you can suppose the 1/4 oz rate.  The 8 oz which you know is easier to carry in cramped quarters has the 1/2 oz and 1/4 oz increments.  Some people choose to use the other side of the bottle and just do a tip and pour.

Brian, does the ACES need shaken like the other products?

No, it does not need to be agitated or shaken.  It is a catalyst that is stable.  Think of ACES IV like the activator for body filler.  Once it is put together, the catalyst reactions occur.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

SHOdded

Quote from: BND 370 Hemi on September 01, 2015, 12:42:39 AM
Remember that 104+ contains MMT with petroleum distillates as a vehicle.
I tend to agree with you after looking at the plugs when I changed them a few months back.  This was after 4 tankfuls.  Have you had it analyzed for confirmation though?  They keep stating they DON'T use MMT in their formulation.  Is there a "minimum" they can legally slide by with?
http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/104-faqs
No. 104+® brand products contain neither alcohol nor MMT® Fuel Additive* . MMT® is dangerous to spark plugs, catalytic converters, and OBD (on-board diagnostic) oxygen sensor systems. It is not recommended by vehicle manufacturers, and is considered an environmental hazard.

Could they possibly be using Ferrocene or another organometallic?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrocene
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: SHOdded on September 01, 2015, 05:39:15 AM
Quote from: BND 370 Hemi on September 01, 2015, 12:42:39 AM
Remember that 104+ contains MMT with petroleum distillates as a vehicle.
I tend to agree with you after looking at the plugs when I changed them a few months back.  This was after 4 tankfuls.  Have you had it analyzed for confirmation though?  They keep stating they DON'T use MMT in their formulation.  Is there a "minimum" they can legally slide by with?
http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/104-faqs
No. 104+® brand products contain neither alcohol nor MMT® Fuel Additive* . MMT® is dangerous to spark plugs, catalytic converters, and OBD (on-board diagnostic) oxygen sensor systems. It is not recommended by vehicle manufacturers, and is considered an environmental hazard.

Could they possibly be using Ferrocene or another organometallic?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrocene

Those pictures do show a metallic in the fuel but doesn't look like a full MMT content.  It could be ferrous picrate like you said.  Any organometallic complex is also a build up product and very bad for fuel systems, combustion in general as it needs a chelate compound that tries to strip it back off and ends up in the oil causing all kinds of wear issues in the oil system.

We have been preaching to many people about not using any metallics at all as they are really bad.   ACES IV contains NO petroleum distillates, polymers, alcohols, acids or metals.

Here are two pictures of a 3.8L V6 running for 100,000 miles on these platinum tipped plugs using our oils and our ACES IV:

Even the price for 18 gallons of 104+ comes out to 44.3 cents per gallon where if you use ACES IV in the quart it is 41.6 cents and if you get a gallon form it is 35 cents per gallon.  So our product is not only better but cheaper!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

BND 370 Hemi

I neglected to mention that ANY METALS in the fuel are bad news long term.  We have to add metal deactivation compounds in ACES IV to deal with the normal copper and vanadium that is inherent in the fuels that cause gum, varnish and deposits.

Ferrous Picrate, Ferro organo metallic complexes , any copper, platinum, cerium or rhodium products in any form should be avoided.   They cause such problems that we had to independently test ACES for all of these metals as no metals are allowed if you supply a fuel additive to the military for military vehicles:

AL,Sb,Ba,B,Ca,Cr,Cu,Fe,Pb,K,Mg,Mo,Na,Ni,P,Si,Ag,Sn,Zn,Sr,V,Ti,and Cd all below 1 ppm!

The additives that contain these are also acidic and cause problems with your oils as well. 

These are the facts even though there may be people here that are presently fans of them!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

FoMoCoSHO

Brian,

I took the liberty to upload a profile pic for you.

I hope it is satisfactory.

If you would like something different, email it to me or call me sometime when we are both on and I will walk you through it.

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 03, 2015, 05:16:01 PM
Brian,

I took the liberty to upload a profile pic for you.

I hope it is satisfactory.

If you would like something different, email it to me or call me sometime when we are both on and I will walk you through it.

I like it for now.

Let me send you what I was thinking about as we use it on all our oil labels.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

ZSHO

Looks like a promising product indeed,BTW interesting topic over on the Charger forums years back. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: ZSHO on September 03, 2015, 10:54:28 PM
Looks like a promising product indeed,BTW interesting topic over on the Charger forums years back. Z

Legitimate performance and consistent protection from ACES IV.  Been a vendor at the Charger Forums for over 6 years......since February 2009.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

FoMoCoSHO

Hi Brian,

After 2 tunes knock is still good.....but I am seeing about a 1.25 degree retard for about the last 1k rpm of third (range .25-1.25). Everywhere else was flat or adding timing.

Do you think I should try the 1 oz to 4 gal ratio like the tt v8 Audis we discussed?