• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ACES IV - An effective octane booster and anti-wear additive?

Started by SHOdded, August 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

I'm ready to drain the break in oil in 300 miles and start the tuning/datalog process so the timing couldn't be better.

SHOdded

DX, take out that space after SIGNED in the LOR equation (as Rich pointed out), it should work then.  Even so, remember, it IS a RATIO, not an absolute number, so the way to see what it does is to see how fast it goes to -1 each time you add the ACES IV at fillup time, say with 87 gas, while updating the tune itself (87 then 91 then 93 & so on).  no need to say that datalogging is absolutely critical to determine remaining headroom and avoid limphome mode.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 13, 2015, 03:47:18 PM
DX, you talked to Bryan already?

We spoke for a bit yesterday. I encouraged and invited him to come over the forum to answer questions for a very interested crowd. He didn't commit but said he has worked a few ecoboost engines.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOdded on August 13, 2015, 05:24:53 PM
DX, take out that space after SIGNED in the LOR equation (as Rich pointed out), it should work then.  Even so, remember, it IS a RATIO, not an absolute number, so the way to see what it does is to see how fast it goes to -1 each time you add the ACES IV at fillup time, say with 87 gas, while updating the tune itself (87 then 91 then 93 & so on).  no need to say that datalogging is absolutely critical to determine remaining headroom and avoid limphome mode.

I corrected the LOR formula and it is working now. I did think and maybe hope it would be an actual octane number. I may play with formula a bit to see if it changes. Or has someone already tried that.

Im still no go on the AWD status or modulation.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 13, 2015, 06:40:40 PM

We spoke for a bit yesterday. I encouraged and invited him to come over the forum to answer questions for a very interested crowd. He didn't commit but said he has worked a few ecoboost engines.
We spoke for about 45 minutes tonight.

He will be joining us after I send him some contact info this evening.

I will be moving forward once he's done his necessary research about our platform.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 13, 2015, 07:26:08 PM

I will be moving forward once he's done his necessary research about our platform.

Awesome. I will be buying too some time next week. If you are running meth, ask about his catalysts for meth users.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 13, 2015, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 13, 2015, 07:26:08 PM

Awesome. I will be buying too some time next week. If you are running meth, ask about his catalysts for meth users.
I would prefer to attain my goals without meth, I'm hoping Brian can assist me with that.

ElvenSho

This would be awesome. 100 octane tune would be great :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

SHOdded

I suspect the "100" octane would be for street use, maybe even for dragstrip, but nothing that requires more continuous operation in that range.  Continuous operation is where the real thing is required.

I am interested in the entire range of offerings BND has to offer, but would like to evaluate/research each product's reported data ceteris paribus.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 13, 2015, 10:21:14 PM
I suspect the "100" octane would be for street use, maybe even for dragstrip, but nothing that requires more continuous operation in that range.  Continuous operation is where the real thing is required.

I am interested in the entire range of offerings BND has to offer, but would like to evaluate/research each product's reported data ceteris paribus.
With Torrie's assistance, I'm going to throw everything I can at it.... >:D

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 13, 2015, 10:21:14 PM

Call him, you won't be disappointed.

We spent 45 minutes on the phone this evening talking about cars and lubricants.

SHOdded

BiGMaC

Good idea to involve a proven tuner... I'm really interested in this stuff, but "octane effect" as on the website is almost certainly a bit different than octane rating (ie, the RMS method we see on the pumps).

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 13, 2015, 10:55:27 PM
Good idea to involve a proven tuner... I'm really interested in this stuff, but "octane effect" as on the website is almost certainly a bit different than octane rating (ie, the RMS method we see on the pumps).
As is E-85's "effective octane" of 160 when direct injected.....

But if the end result is the same?