• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ACES IV - An effective octane booster and anti-wear additive?

Started by SHOdded, August 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Ethanol is widely studied & available fuel.  ACES IV is not intended to BE a fuel but to ASSIST combustion, from what I understand (and hope Brian will discuss at length when he joins), and is a multifaceted proprietary substance.  So we need to know the conditions under which the "effective octane" holds for ACES IV.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 13, 2015, 10:27:55 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 13, 2015, 10:21:14 PM
I suspect the "100" octane would be for street use, maybe even for dragstrip, but nothing that requires more continuous operation in that range.  Continuous operation is where the real thing is required.

I am interested in the entire range of offerings BND has to offer, but would like to evaluate/research each product's reported data ceteris paribus.
With Torrie's assistance, I'm going to throw everything I can at it.... >:D

I concur. As I would love to have meth. But my guess is with my simple bolt ons and 4 plus 91 octane tune, my car "should" be at 405-425 awhp. With the ACES IV, and a modified 4X 93 octane tune, "could" be able to get to 450 awhp, without meth.

LMS appears to be more conservative from what I have experienced and read about them. Until they do their own research in their own time. Torrie and unleashed appears more willing to test and tune whatever is available. So biggest question becomes reliability and durability it seems to me.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

FoMoCoSHO

e-85 behaves like it is on steroids when direct injected, I wonder if there is an enhanced effect with ACES as well....

BND 370 Hemi

Hi everyone,

I own BND Automotive LLC and am the manufacturer of all the ACES and QuantumBlue Materials.  I was asked to come on here and discuss what we do and how our products can benefit your SHO vehicles.  We have worked with the 3.5L Twin Turbo in the Ford F150 trucks and have performed many oil analysis on them using ACES IV and QuantumBlue. 

I look forward to answering any questions any of you might have concerning our technologies.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com 

FoMoCoSHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Quote from: BND 370 Hemi on August 14, 2015, 11:20:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I own BND Automotive LLC and am the manufacturer of all the ACES and QuantumBlue Materials.  I was asked to come on here and discuss what we do and how our products can benefit your SHO vehicles.  We have worked with the 3.5L Twin Turbo in the Ford F150 trucks and have performed many oil analysis on them using ACES IV and QuantumBlue. 

I look forward to answering any questions any of you might have concerning our technologies.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

Welcome aboard Bryan. Im David we spoke couple days ago. I believe this topic has a some of questions listed throughout that some had. Maybe peruse through If you havent already done so.

Welcome again.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 14, 2015, 11:29:30 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you!  Really enjoyed our discussion last night!  Thank you for welcoming me to the forums!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 07, 2015, 05:54:52 AM
Does LMS have any working knowledge of this stuff? If so or no, their basic stance is octane boosters do NOT work. And hence are unreliable to use for the sake of octane/performance boost. I would be interested.

I don't believe at this point that Livernois knows much if anything about ACES IV at this time.  I will have to contact them and discuss with them the technology.  Is there someone there that is the GURU for them on tunes etc?  Let me know.

Seems this would raise my current 91 octane fuel in California to 98 octane. Which of of course allows more aggressive tune. I may not need the meth install if this stuff works as advertised!

The ACES IV works on a principle of BTU Utilization with Pressure Wave Dynamics.  In short, it doesn't raise CFR Octane (Research Method + Motor Method/2= Octane)   Remember that neither of these methods actually burn the fuel as it is used in a CFR (Coordinated Fuel Research)  knock motor.  They use 92% iso-octane and 8% N Heptane to come up with their 100% or 100 octane.

We use the available potential energy in the fuel and extract more of the fuel as work and less of the fuel as heat so that the post exhaust charge is cooler....reducing the need for higher octane while we release lubricity from the heat of combustion to cool down the cylinders, lubricate the rings , valve stems, guides, valve seats and faces.   

It will work well with your CARB fuels there in California.  We have thousands of customers on it with all types of performance equipment in CA.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

SHOdded

Since these are turbo motors, would like to know how much of a temperature drop are we looking at?  Will the combustion byproducts help lubricate turbo bearings as well?

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: SHOdded on August 07, 2015, 07:11:04 AM
I think meth will still be a better overall solution, BUT this may be an acceptable compromise, especially when combined with a very low volatility engine oil like Amsoil.

Remember that Methanol is very corrosive and is still hygroscopic in nature and not really good for any production engine.  If you do want to still run the Methanol, put some ACES IV-A in it as it will stop the corrosion, create lubricity in the cylinders when you spray it and stabilize it so it doesn't absorb water!

Amsoil is lower in volatility but relative to most of the PAO based oils available on the market. 

We have address the methanol spraying cars with a high concentration of magnesium for detergency, a 1.5% to 3% reactive volatility compared to typical 14.2% reactive synthetics and put a good supply of ZnDDP zinc and neutral phosphorous in our QuantumBlue Custom Blends.  Add ACES IV in the gasoline and you have a real change on performance.

Heat on any turbocharged car is a real problem so we address it with ACES IV, QuantumBlue Lubricants and QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolants.  A lot of turbo and supercharged racers use these in synergy.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com 

SHOdded

In the wintertime, those of us blessed enough to be in the salt belt might use products like HEET that contain methanol.  Do you recommend adding ACES IV or ACES IV-A to the gas tank at that time?

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: SHOdded on August 14, 2015, 04:04:32 PM
Since these are turbo motors, would like to know how much of a temperature drop are we looking at?

With all the turbo cars we have worked on, we typically see reductions of exhaust temperatures in the 20 to 30 degree range.  The only reason you see a reduction is because the energy utilization factor is increased.  Remember conservation of energy.  E=Q+W.  Total Energy = the Quotient of Expended Heat + the Appreciable Work.  This is an illustration not fact here: So if $100 worth of gasoline =
$40 heat + $60 work....as an example.  If we can increase the amount of work to say $65 or $70 that means that the work output or hp/torque is increased with the corresponding heat being $35 or $30.  This is enough to make the fuel act like higher octane fuel..hence the octane effect we have discussed before. 

Will the combustion byproducts help lubricate turbo bearings as well?

Turbo bearings are sealed within the center housing.  What you will see though is the byproduct of burning our technology will put a thin film of lubricity on the exhaust side and give you protection from wind wear and corrosion from methanol or any other corrosive acids! 

The center bearings on the Ecoboost is water cooled and lubricated with oil.  So it is a air to air, air to oil and water protected too. 

We would address the center bearings with a QuantumBlue Custom Blended Lubricant.  Remember those exhaust housings get 1650 degrees F and the ability for the water to produce thermal inversion and a siphoning effect to bring in cooler water and evacuate hotter water to get the center down to an acceptable temperature so that the oil doesn't turn to abrasive ash.   Add a good large molecule and plenty of detergent and anti-wear (neutral phosphorous) and you will have turbos that will not eat their center bearings!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: SHOdded on August 14, 2015, 04:07:59 PM
In the wintertime, those of us blessed enough to be in the salt belt might use products like HEET that contain methanol.  Do you recommend adding ACES IV or ACES IV-A to the gas tank at that time?

If you are using ACES IV in the fuel, there will be no need to add any methanol to your tank ever. 

I understand the reason to wick the water to the methanol.   I always suggest people keep their tanks filled in the winter anyway but if that is not possible, the water that is created by condensation will be broken down into their respective parts of hydrogen and oxygen and added to the fuel and burned harmlessly using ACES IV.

This is probably a good time to go over what the ACES IV contains:

DETERGENCY - This characteristic has a high detergency action that keeps solids and carbon from settling on the components and keeps the entire system clean and free of deposits.

GUM AND VARNISH REMOVER - Eliminates gum and varnish in the tank bottoms and sidewalls.

FUEL SYSTEM CONDITIONER- This is important for both carburetors and injectors to produce the correct spray pattern that will promote volumetric efficiency.  If an engine can't breath it cannot produce the power it was designed to provide.

FUEL PUMP AND INJECTOR CLEANER – A designed solvent compound that delaminates and cleans your fuel pump and injectors  from within the fuel.  This improves the spray pattern and gets the engine to have a vaporous spray and not atomized spray patterns.

BTU - ACES IV Gasoline Formula produces significantly more efficient use of engine compression out of the same volume of untreated fuel which provides more power/torque.  Effective use of BTU values from the same fuel volume.  Especially good for engines that are extremely efficient such as turbo and supercharged applications.

Fuel Tank and Gasoline Delivery System Protection – Our fuel catalyst contains pour point depressants and low temperature characteristics that improve fuel flow at very cold temperatures.  It has a negative affinity or repelling characteristic that resists fuel from turning to ice and the wax inherent in the fuel from plugging fuel filters and fuel lines.

FLAME FRONT ENHANCING COMPOUND - The major improving characteristic of this compound is increasing the engine's ability to burn the fuel it normally receives more efficiently

CONSERVATION OF ENERGY - E=Q+W.  Total Energy equals the quotient of expended heat + the appreciable work.  This produces more horsepower, torque, better throttle response and smoother running.  Also better cold weather operation as well.  Better utilization of BTU.

PRODUCES UPPER CYLINDER LUBRICITY AS A REACTION TO HEAT - produces a high technology post combustion lubricity to change the cylinder environment with plentiful lubricant created by the heat itself.  Cylinder components have tested to be between 4 to 8 times more lubricated than with base fuels alone especially with Ethyl Alcohol laced ultra low sulfur gasolines.

ANTI-CORROSION PROPERTIES - characteristic stops oxygen and formic acid mixed combustion deposits from allowing damage to fuel systems and cylinder componentry.

PRESSURE WAVE  DYNAMIC INCREASE WITHIN CYLINDERS - This modifies the flame speed allowing more fuel to be burned at a more expansive rate during peak heat release so as to continue the burn beyond normal available atmospheric oxygen producing power and efficiency.

GUM AND VARNISH CONTROL - Copper, vanadium and sodium can produce gum and varnish due to the combustion process especially Ethyl Alcohol fuels .  We have a designed component that deactivates this process which will stop gum and sludges from occurring not only in the fuel system but in the upper stem and guide area which rob performance due to white hot activation due to turbo heat.

MOLECULAR  BALANCING TECHNOLOGY  - Takes base fuel characteristics and makes them uniform or 'synthetic" in structure allowing fuel to burn cleanly and without after run or detonation.

These are the different compounds we combine in our product that makes our materials unique compared to any other "additive".

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com 

Dxlnt1

Not sure of who the "main" contact person for LMS would be, but they monitor this forum too.

Im sure one of the Mike's here that have a more intimate relationship with them can steer you in the right direction as to whom you should speak with.

Here is there profile page.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=181