• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois Tuning Next Week

Started by geswek, June 30, 2013, 10:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I've decided next week I will be ordering the following;

H&R Springs
Airaid Intake
Livernois 93 Oct Tuning

I shot an email to Andy trying to figure out if the normal MyCal (not the fancy full color thingy) can handle all the tuning needs when we get to do the big upgrades like turbo's etc for 400awhp.

Does anyone know either? I don't want the $900 MyCal with the digital color screen--I have zero use for it; please don't try to talk me into it. I think it's a waste of money because it would end up in glove box.

jomc111

i was curios about this myself is it even really necessary to go with the mycal, i was under the understanding that the mycal had a few more things unlocked in the ecu but i would think sct is working on unlock more things as well. so hopefully someone can explain this better
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

crash712us

Yes it's true the MyCal give the tuner access to different parameter that you can't get at with the SCT.
The full color display my call tuner is only compatible with 10-12. Ford changed up ECM and encrypted the programming in 2013. So Storm no should try to talk you into.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

TSS

I will try to talk you out of the Airaid. 

I had one and noticed no difference at all, other than a little noisier, but not in a good way unless you just like it noisier.  I have the K&N Typhoon now, and I can hear the BOV and Turbos loud and clear now.  Verdict is still out on whether I like that or not, but at least I noticed some difference.  This may all be in my head too, but the car seemed just a tad slower with the Airaid.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

EcoBrick Bob

See my comments elsewhere on AirAid.  Great looker though.

Torrie has cheaper options for tuning,  and his tranny tune rocks!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

geswek

Quote from: TSS on July 01, 2013, 09:50:13 AM
I will try to talk you out of the Airaid. 

I had one and noticed no difference at all, other than a little noisier, but not in a good way unless you just like it noisier.  I have the K&N Typhoon now, and I can hear the BOV and Turbos loud and clear now.  Verdict is still out on whether I like that or not, but at least I noticed some difference.  This may all be in my head too, but the car seemed just a tad slower with the Airaid.

Thanks; but I'm going with what works for now. I don't care for K&N setup.

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on July 01, 2013, 10:47:11 AM
See my comments elsewhere on AirAid.  Great looker though.

Torrie has cheaper options for tuning,  and his tranny tune rocks!

I have respect for Livernois and seeing their 13 just roll off the dyno with 414awhp on the same mods I am planning; I'm sticking with them.

Thanks though. I've heard good things about Torrie--I just like Livernois shop and their fairly close to me.

EcoBrick Bob

Didn't realize you were in their neighborhood.  Close is always GOOD!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

geswek

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on July 01, 2013, 02:20:03 PM
Didn't realize you were in their neighborhood.  Close is always GOOD!

Yeah, they are 8 hours from me, which is easy if I need to tow the car up to them.

geswek

Haha, I did it --

Ordered the tuning device and Airaid intake; was a good price too!

darreli

You wont be disappointed.....have fun with it!!

bpd1151

LMS is about a 4-5hr trip for me (depending on how fast I can manage, as well as traffic/congestion/construction).

This was my principle factor in deciding to go with them. I like being able to get face time with my vendors (as much as possible).

That, coupled with their outstanding customer service over the years and rock solid dependability, it was a no brainer IMHO.

Either company is very good from what I understand, plus, there are even additional competitors now working their way into the Ecoboost market as far as tuning goes, so you can thank all of us "veteran's" (a.k.a. old folks) for paving the way for you 2013 (and beyond) owners!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

TSS

LMS is one hour from me, so I just drove there and had them load the tune.  You will love it.  If I lived near Torrie, I would likely have that.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

darreli

Quote from: TSS on July 01, 2013, 04:47:30 PM
LMS is one hour from me, so I just drove there and had them load the tune.  You will love it.  If I lived near Torrie, I would likely have that.

I agree...I've said it from the beginning. I would choose someone local. Livernois is super close to me so when I was looking I contacted them because they tuned my Lightning. They said they were interested in developing a program and the rest is history. I'm glad I contacted them initially because its been good for the platform.

DJE624

You are going to love the tune.  When I had to return to stock, I felt like I was dragging a boat anchor. 

Darkside

Had the same mods added a couple of months ago and loved them.  I instantly noticed it the second I had to merge onto the highway leaving them.  Can't wait to head back up with the exhaust mods for a re-tune.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert