• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BOOM boom baby

Started by zamirlihari, July 10, 2015, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I had the car at the dealer a couple of weeks ago for a front end rattle sound which was fixed by re-torquing the drivers side strut tower to oem specs,now the rear drivers side there is a intermitent boom sound which only happens at slow speed and could not duplicate at the dealer,today while backing out of my driveway slowly heard that sound right by the rear shock and was able to record the sound for the dealer to hear next week,the strange thing is it keeps getting louder every time its audible,the dealer did mention it could be the shocks,just an update. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

JagerBomb

Funny you mention this. I swear I can hear some kind of noise coming from the front like you described. Next time I get to put my car on the lift I will take a look.
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!

SHOdded

Missing bump stop maybe, or broken sway bar link?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!