• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Time for a new strut

Started by jtoddk98, July 08, 2015, 01:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Took my car for an alignment at the dealer today. When I had my wheels off for painting, I noticed that the inside of the tire on the drivers side front was worn smooth. After a few mins of my car being in the air at the dealer, they called me back. Turns out the minor accident my car had with the first owner back in 2012, it slightly bent the strut, and they can't adjust it out. Must have taken a light hit to the front fender. The guy at the dealer inspected the rest of the car, everything looks great, nothing else bent etc. Just the strut. I found the strut on tasca for $82, but every shop I called wants 2 hours labor to do it, so about $210. Why so much labor?
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

jtoddk98

What strut part number so I need? I went on tasca and there are many different last letters in the part number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ZSHO

Thats very simple since you have the PP.its the first part # on your list,AG1Z18124G and thats for the front drivers side,hope this helps any. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jtoddk98

Thank you! I'll get it in order. I found a dealer that will do the labor for $150

pjw315

Future reference this dealer is cheaper than Tasca with parts and shipping.

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oe-ford/ag1z18124g

jtoddk98

Thanks! I'll order from there then. I'm guessing I have suspension code E?

ZSHO

Im not sure if your in a hurry cause sometimes these parts are not in stock and would verify the availability and code E is correct. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|