• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Possible weight reduction?

Started by abcgum091, July 07, 2015, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abcgum091

Hey guys!

Im looking at getting a SHO soon and was wondering how much weight could be shed by removing things, such as the rear seat, spare, changing front seats to something lighter.

Any insight would be awesome.
2008 taurus sel fwd

SHOnUup

If I don't hit a certain 1/4 mile time before the end of this season, I'll have weights for each of the door panels, back seats, and front passenger seat. Going for broke...first SHO in the 11's without meth maybe...yeah, I know it's a pipe dream...lol

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

J-Will

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2015, 07:14:02 PM
If I don't hit a certain 1/4 mile time before the end of this season, I'll have weights for each of the door panels, back seats, and front passenger seat. Going for broke...first SHO in the 11's without meth maybe...yeah, I know it's a pipe dream...lol

Rich

lol
You could always turn inner door panels into Swiss cheese to remove unnecessary metal.

I'm sure the seats weigh a pretty hefty amount. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOdded

Quote from: J-Will on July 08, 2015, 09:31:28 AM
You could always turn inner door panels into Swiss cheese to remove unnecessary metal.
Would allow for the speakers to sound better as well!  Great idea ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sunwolf

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2015, 07:14:02 PM

Rich
You should need to remove 300 lbs to get to the 11s. I say go for it even just for one track day.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

Cruxin

Titanium Exhaust is always an option. We are currently working on a design for a lightweight system similar to how most GT-R systems are built. merge the 2.5" DP's into a 3.5" back to the axle, then split into 3" Y to each muffler. Not sure on exact savings over aftermarket 304ss systems, but most likely 30+lbs. We will keep you posted.

-Sean
Sean
Owner - Titanium Dynamics
"Ideal Performance, Without Compromise"
www.titaniumdynamics.com
Instagram: @titaniumdynamics

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Cruxin on October 20, 2015, 07:49:57 PM
Titanium Exhaust is always an option. We are currently working on a design for a lightweight system similar to how most GT-R systems are built. merge the 2.5" DP's into a 3.5" back to the axle, then split into 3" Y to each muffler. Not sure on exact savings over aftermarket 304ss systems, but most likely 30+lbs. We will keep you posted.

-Sean
If you can make it sound like at GTR with no drone you will have a sale.

IMHO there is no aftermarket option for the SHO that sounds good.

Cruxin

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 20, 2015, 09:42:12 PM

-Sean

I don't think we will be able to make SHO quite sound like a GTR, but our main goals are 1. Sound quality 2. Performance 3. Weight reduction

I'm sure it will take a few versions to dial it in, but we will be sure to post a build thread along the way with plenty of videos.

-Sean
Sean
www.titaniumdynamics.com

FoMoCoSHO

Making it sound less like an angry milk truck would be a start, lol

Cruxin

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 20, 2015, 11:01:19 PM
Making it sound less like an angry milk truck would be a start, lol

HAHA we will do our best!

I like this video, hoping for a little lower tone than this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMlBOge7iSU
Sean
www.titaniumdynamics.com

SHOdded

That's a nice little car right there, sound's not bad either!  But people shouldn't expect the burbling V8 sound without active sound EQ.  Maybe a lopey idle with a "ghost cam" tune :D but ...  BTW, I think the Corsa does sound pretty darned good, FoMoCo!  These new engines are stingers rather than singers.  Exhaust sound is an art.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shotime99

Quote from: Cruxin on October 20, 2015, 10:24:35 PM

-Sean

I don't think we will be able to make SHO quite sound like a GTR, but our main goals are 1. Sound quality 2. Performance 3. Weight reduction

I'm sure it will take a few versions to dial it in, but we will be sure to post a build thread along the way with plenty of videos.

-Sean

Sold!!!!  ship ASAP!
2014 Taurus SHO w/PP and H & R spring kit

CroR1

What is your expected time arrival on the new down-pipes, and what's the price range that it will be in?

-Sean

-Sean

Cruxin

Quote from: CroR1 on October 29, 2015, 02:42:55 PM
What is your expected time arrival on the new down-pipes, and what's the price range that it will be in?

-Sean

-Sean

Still looking at pricing. We are ordering some 2.5" OD CP2 Titanium now and should have it by January (yes Titanium lead times suck). After we get it, we will build a set of prototype DP's. After proving those out, we will release pricing. (we might be looking to borrow a SHO for a few weeks in January if I can't find one with the specs I want in a reasonable time frame)

We will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the interest!
Sean
www.titaniumdynamics.com

CroR1

That's good to know, but too bad I'm like 2 hours away.