• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need a favor - need a picture taken (hood hinge / window cowl)

Started by slurppie, July 03, 2015, 10:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slurppie

I recently had my windshield replaced and I think I'm missing a trim piece where the windshield cowl meets up with the hood hinge. I've looked over the parts schematic and everything seems to be there but I thought there was a more finished look.

Thanks,
Bryan
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

I hope these pics help any,let me know. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

slurppie

Thanks bud. If you have time tomorrow would you mind confirming if yours looks like this with the hood up?

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ZSHO

Quote from: slurppie on July 03, 2015, 11:13:19 PM
Thanks bud. If you have time tomorrow would you mind confirming if yours looks like this with the hood up?

Hope this is better. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

slurppie

Perfect - thanks for helping me out with my odd request. For some reason I thought there was a cap to finish off the cowl.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

SHOdded

Oooo nice pic, Z!  As far as the cover, maybe the MKS has one?  Simple things like that are often reserved for "highline" models.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was curious if they replaced your windshield with an oem soundscreen,also any issues with the rear view mirror loose or rattling cause have an appt tues,thanks. Z

slurppie

I actually demanded that only OEM glass goes back in. Satellite has their own version of the "soundscreen" but I wasn't sure about the quality. No issues with the rear view mirror or any of the work performed.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ZSHO

Quote from: slurppie on July 06, 2015, 09:51:59 AM
I actually demanded that only OEM glass goes back in. Satellite has their own version of the "soundscreen" but I wasn't sure about the quality. No issues with the rear view mirror or any of the work performed.
Do you mean Safelite?just wanted to clarify this up a little,is it oem with stamped soundscreen on the bottom corner,thanks for your unput cause after reading this article it made me a bit skeptical. Z    http://www.carwindshields.info/windshield-manufacturers-oem-dealer-and-aftermarket

slurppie

Sorry - not enough coffee yet this morning. I meant Safelite not Satellite. My new glass (OEM) is stamped with the Ford logo, "Soundscreen" and the same part # (if i recall). From what the body shop told me, the OEM glass has the solid black area around the rear view mirror (non rain sensing) where as the Safelite uses the dot matrix style.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

r1crusher

When I got my glass replaced by Safelite I also demanded OE glass.  I was told that the OE (i.e. Ford marked) and Safelite marked glass all comes from the same glass source/manufacturer.  It is simply marked differently and as slurppie pointed out on the standard Taurus glass it's also a slightly different pattern around certain parts of the glass.

Both the OE and Safelite are "Soundscreen" glass.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

ZSHO

I had an appt today at safelite to replace the front windshield,spoke with the manager and just wanted to make sure it was the original oem winshield,he was kind enough to show me the glass and looked pretty identical to mine cause even took pics of my original glass for reference,after removing the wipers and part of the cowl cover an issue arised and they had the wrong windshield,the manager then tells me its a Ford dealer only part,after cross referncing the part #he tells me he will be able to order it and should take about 3-5 days,pics below of my original glass. Z

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

slurppie

Sucks about the delay but I had to go through it as well.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings