• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Parked next to this today ...

Started by 14 TUX BL, July 02, 2015, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14 TUX BL

Just washed/cleaned my Tuxedo Black SHO, feeling really good about her, when I go to CVS and a black 2014 Supercharged V6 AWD Jaguar XJL pulls in next to me. Nice.

Car was very impressive in person, gorgeous. Looked even bigger than our SHO, an $80,000 car!       

65fastback2+2

one of the ugliest cars on the road

14 TUX BL

In person, the car looked absolutely great.

nickstewartroc

Not to shabby! Only complaint are the rims
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

wasinger3000

Quote from: 14 TUX BL on July 02, 2015, 04:50:47 PM
Just washed/cleaned my Tuxedo Black SHO, feeling really good about her, when I go to CVS and a black 2014 Supercharged V6 AWD Jaguar XJL pulls in next to me. Nice.

Car was very impressive in person, gorgeous. Looked even bigger than our SHO, an $80,000 car!       
Bigger than the SHO, and slower... hah
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

14 TUX BL

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 02, 2015, 09:58:24 PM

It's 4" longer but weighs 200 lbs less than our SHO. With 340 hp, acceleration times are identical:

https://youtu.be/oU3qQUfmG6s

14 TUX BL

wasinger3000

Quote from: 14 TUX BL on July 03, 2015, 09:52:22 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 02, 2015, 09:58:24 PM

It's 4" longer but weighs 200 lbs less than our SHO. With 340 hp, acceleration times are identical:

https://youtu.be/oU3qQUfmG6s
Identical to stock sho times... yes.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

14 TUX BL

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 03, 2015, 10:43:08 AM
Identical to stock sho times... yes.

Well, the only fairly comparison is stock times.

Still, for the price of the Jag you can buy one SHO non PP for Winter and one SHO PP for Summer fun. :)

SHOdded

Saw four of these yesterday while driving around ....
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 04, 2015, 05:30:35 AM
Saw four of these yesterday while driving around ....
I hope thats due to the economy improving,but highly doubt it.lol. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

The SHO overall retains its value fairly well compared to the Jaguar which in a couple of years will be worth less then the SHO.lol. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14 TUX BL

I don't want anyone to think I'm chopping our SHO, I'm not.

I feel lucky to own one and am glad Ford made it. I was looking for a high performance AWD car and the SHO fit the bill perfectly.

While I could've purchased a new one, it would have been a stretch and having found a used '14 at 20k off sticker is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Just that when I saw the Jag (having never seen one before) it was a bit striking, that's all!

vernonator

The back end is FUGLY...but I do love me some Jag's, usually very good looking cars
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

14 TUX BL

It looked pretty bad a$$ in person, and regarding the whole car, it gave the distinct impression of being lower/sleeker ...