• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Taurus SHO - RASP From Hell Part 2!

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 23, 2015, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Whats crackin' people. I finally got my Rasp from hell part 2 video up with my fix + dyno. I have two more vids on their way! I hope you enjoy them!

http://youtu.be/xBmdO_t_Le8
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

PokerMunkee

Nice work.  You got a great voice for this kind of stuff.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

pejohnson

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

IHeartGroceries

Haha! He does. You should do some promotional voice over work or something. I think your voice is salable.
2013 SHO PP

bamsho

Very cool video.  That's why I didn't spend big money on aftermarket exhaust.  I just have a modded factory setup with LME DP's and Dynomax mufflers.  Sounds nice, no rasp.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

BigPelo

So you had rasp with stainless works catless downpipe and corsa exhaust. Now you run stock downpipe and resonated xpipe on the corsa? Sorry english is not my first language...
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

J-Will

you're upset with a 21hp gain from just a catback?
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

14SHOCAR

Quote from: J-Will on June 25, 2015, 09:00:11 AM
I have another video coming up that will explain it in detail, and yes, I am not happy with the 21HP gain. The Livernois tune does a lot for the vehicle outside of adjusting the boost levels (transmission line pressures, shift points, etc). However, I spent probably close to 3k-4k in mods on the car and I only got a net of 40awhp/30awtq.

That's a little lack luster IMHO. Don't get my wrong, my car is a BEAST and I've been able to smoke vehicles with almost 3/4 more power than mine. The cost per HP would have been better put towards something else.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

Quote from: BigPelo on June 24, 2015, 07:49:35 PM
So you had rasp with stainless works catless downpipe and corsa exhaust. Now you run stock downpipe and resonated xpipe on the corsa? Sorry english is not my first language...

I had the stainless works catless downpipes and corsa exhaust. I removed the stainless works catless downpipes and ONLY have the Corsa Exhaust. The Corsa Exhaust as an X Pipe built into it already.

14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

ShoBoat

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 25, 2015, 10:44:52 AM
I have another video coming up that will explain it in detail, and yes, I am not happy with the 21HP gain. The Livernois tune does a lot for the vehicle outside of adjusting the boost levels (transmission line pressures, shift points, etc). However, I spent probably close to 3k-4k in mods on the car and I only got a net of 40awhp/30awtq.

That's a little lack luster IMHO. Don't get my wrong, my car is a BEAST and I've been able to smoke vehicles with almost 3/4 more power than mine. The cost per HP would have been better put towards something else.

Your net increase includes all mods with the 93 tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ZSHO

I guess even dyno;s can be off by a little if not done at a reputable facility,but from my understanding a gain of 21hp from a cat back exhaust sounds a bit excessive,usually that sounds about right if you were refering to DP. LOL something isnt adding up right. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

J-Will

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 25, 2015, 10:44:52 AM

I'm anxiously awaiting the second video.  You are directly influencing my decisions so I do appreciate the foundational work you're putting in 

your overall gains do seem low, however your gains from 'only' the cat back seems very high, especially when referring to gains seen at the wheel!
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

14SHOCAR

For any of you that have been to the dyno with the SHO, these cars with any sort of tune are extremely difficult to lock into a gear for the dyno run. They like to downshift like crazy. Unless you electronically lock it into a gear, there isn't an easy way to keep it in gear. There could be a couple of reasons for what I gained.

#1 It downshifted and spiked the numbers (not likely). The dyno is reading that power band across the board. If it was a spike you'd see the numbers go up then drop down.

#2 My runs after the Livernois tune were low. I'm leaning more towards this. I have a video coming up (and I dont' have the numbers on this laptop) that will show the progression in the gains.

I hope this helps clarify things.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOnUup

That's why we like time slips...dyno #'s are, well, just #'s...cool video though, great job.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

J-Will

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 26, 2015, 10:28:02 AM
That's why we like time slips...dyno #'s are, well, just #'s...cool video though, great job.

Rich

time slips are numbers too
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap