• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Guten Tag!

Started by geswek, June 30, 2013, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

Hai;

Folks call me Storm, no really, that is my name --

I live in Pennsylvania and I'm rocking a 2013 Ford SHO (I don't need to say Taurus, it makes the car sound less cool!) with the Performance Package and every option. I was going to pick up a GT500, however I average about 1200 miles a month for work and dealing with a manual in Pennsylvania is not worth it in my opinion. I have big plans for this car--once she hits 15k I'm shipping it to Anthony at Livernois to build another 400+ awhp beast. I spare no expense and my creativity flows through others experiences and my own.

What do I do for a living -- nothing really exciting. I work in health care and my career is basically being leadership for the IT departments at each hospital in my region (I have four of them so I travel a lot.) The company I work for is merging with another and we're going from 23 to 81 acute care hospitals in 21 states. I'm highly educated--though don't ask me to show it here--I use the internet as my time to turn my brain off and be normal. I've been groomed at a young age to become a CIO/CTO for a fortune 500 company; yet I refuse to do so, so many summer parties gone due to learning business--damn Oma and Opa.

Anyways; this is turning into a f'n dating site pitch--so there it is. I'm German, from Germany, and I raised my hand to fight in the US Army; my father is German and my mother is American but I spent my life growing up in Germany until college--when I enlisted in the Army the Germans turned their back on me and said "foo you American boy; citizenship revoked." Stupid laws. If you didn't understand that; Germany has a law that if you serve in another nations military, you give up your citizenship. Because I am my father's son; I was born German with American as my secondary country--I was also raised speaking German as my primary language and English my second; also explains why half the time I make no sense. :biggrin:

SO; on to the SHO!

I will try not to bore you all.

EcoPowerParts

Welcome, thanks for joining! Glad to have you on board!!!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SoCalSHO

Love Germany. Too bad I had to be in the Army to enjoy it. Where in Germany is your Dad from? I did my time there near Ramstein AB.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SHOdded

Guten Tag to you, kind sir!  Glad to see ya over here.  Now we need you to put your skills to reworking the forum banner, so GET TO WORK  :o  LOL
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

:hi: Glad to see you here!  Just one short story about dual citizenship...it is very rare, but one of the boats we used for oceanography stuff and commercial diving had a captain who had dual American/Norwegian citizenship.  He was also licensed to captain unlimited tonnage on the ocean.  Anyway, the reason he had dual citizenship was that during World War II he would captain boats from the Allies that would run the Nazi blockade of Norway.  BTW, he was Norwegian by birth, but man he had some great stories...also captaining our boat was just something to kill time for him after he retired from piloting supertankers for Exxon. 
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

Quote from: SoCalSHO on June 30, 2013, 02:39:57 PM
Love Germany. Too bad I had to be in the Army to enjoy it. Where in Germany is your Dad from? I did my time there near Ramstein AB.

The family, including he and I, are from Düsseldorf.

Quote from: SHOdded on June 30, 2013, 02:43:00 PM
Guten Tag to you, kind sir!  Glad to see ya over here.  Now we need you to put your skills to reworking the forum banner, so GET TO WORK  :o  LOL

Haha;

Quote from: mjhpadi on June 30, 2013, 02:51:04 PM
:hi: Glad to see you here!  Just one short story about dual citizenship...it is very rare, but one of the boats we used for oceanography stuff and commercial diving had a captain who had dual American/Norwegian citizenship.  He was also licensed to captain unlimited tonnage on the ocean.  Anyway, the reason he had dual citizenship was that during World War II he would captain boats from the Allies that would run the Nazi blockade of Norway.  BTW, he was Norwegian by birth, but man he had some great stories...also captaining our boat was just something to kill time for him after he retired from piloting supertankers for Exxon.

I miss my dual citizenship -- it makes it a pain in the rear end to go home and see family.

DJE624

HEY!  YOU MADE IT!!  I'am glad you finally pulled the trigger.  Velcome, come on in.

bpd1151

Wilkommen! Fruet mich, Sie hier zu haben!

Geniessen Sie Ihre Zeit hier auf EBPF! :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on June 30, 2013, 03:48:48 PM
HEY!  YOU MADE IT!!  I'am glad you finally pulled the trigger.  Velcome, come on in.

You are difficult to resist my friend.

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 30, 2013, 04:28:50 PM
Wilkommen! Fruet mich, Sie hier zu haben!

Geniessen Sie Ihre Zeit hier auf EBPF! :ok:

BEHOLD, the man responsible for my reducing bank account balance. Hehe; hallo mein Freund.

Scott13SHO

What did you do in the Army? I was Bradley Mechanic when I was in the Mid-1990s...quickly figured out that being dirty every day at work wasn't what I wanted and I went into IT, which was my first love since getting my first computer in 1986.

I was stationed in Baumholder when I was in Germany with a 10 month tour in Bosnia...which put a minor dent in my travel plans! :) I got see nearly everything I wanted too when I was there though..
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

SoCalSHO

I was an MP. We used to have to go to Baumholder to shoot our powerful stuff.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

I was stationed in Zweiibrucken.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

Scott13SHO

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 01, 2013, 10:24:55 AM
I was an MP. We used to have to go to Baumholder to shoot our powerful stuff.

The only thing bad about stationed in Germany was being in Baumholder...there was two seasons...Rain and the 4 of July! I think the longest it didn't rain there when I was stationed there was a week...otherwise rain was falling out of the sky just about every day.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

geswek

I was in logistics -- it was interesting; spent most my time with an infantry unit driving and gunning. I had several tours in Iraq from 2003-2005.