• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Focus ST

Started by jtoddk98, June 15, 2015, 03:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Been pondering a 2015 Focus ST lately. I live in the city and the SHO doesn't exactly like the city, the transmission is clunky, not to mention the length of the car. Its just a pain to drive around in the city. Plus I've been having some problems lately, like the injectors going out, clicking when turning, brakes, ptu, etc. All minor annoyances except for the injectors, but enough trips to the dealer to make me tired of it. How capable is the ST? I know there is tons of aftermarket support for it. I know, stock, it does 0-60 in around 6sec. what would it take to get it down to the 5sec range. Gotta love the manual trans of the ST also.
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHO-Time

Quote from: jtoddk98 on June 15, 2015, 03:37:06 PM
Been pondering a 2015 Focus ST lately. I live in the city and the SHO doesn't exactly like the city, the transmission is clunky, not to mention the length of the car. Its just a pain to drive around in the city. Plus I've been having some problems lately, like the injectors going out, clicking when turning, brakes, ptu, etc. All minor annoyances except for the injectors, but enough trips to the dealer to make me tired of it. How capable is the ST? I know there is tons of aftermarket support for it. I know, stock, it does 0-60 in around 6sec. what would it take to get it down to the 5sec range. Gotta love the manual trans of the ST also.

They're quite capable when doing the standard list of mods, ie; tune, intake, downpipe. With those three mods and some quality sticky rubber, you should most definitely be in the low 5 sec range 0-60 if not better and low to mid 13 sec 1/4 mile. As always with FWD, it comes down learning how to launch the car in order to obtain those numbers.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

FoMoCoSHO

I intended on replacing my Gen 1 ST with Gen 2 but I found it horribly uncomfortable. Definitely a younger mans car imho.

I suggest if you drive one, drive a 2015 SHO as well, I think you might be surprised at the improvements.

jtoddk98

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 15, 2015, 04:09:51 PM
I intended on replacing my Gen 1 ST with Gen 2 but I found it horribly uncomfortable. Definitely a younger mans car imho.

I suggest if you drive one, drive a 2015 SHO as well, I think you might be surprised at the improvements.
a new SHO is out of my price range. I actually love the recaro seats in the ST really hold me like a glove, but I'm tall, skinny, and young, so that's probably why I like it. I'll probably wait for the 2016 model year to get the new Sync 3 system. I did some pricing and with my x plan, I could get a new Loaded ST3 for not much more then what my trade would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

wasinger3000

Quote from: jtoddk98 on June 15, 2015, 04:24:11 PM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 15, 2015, 04:09:51 PM

a new SHO is out of my price range. I actually love the recaro seats in the ST really hold me like a glove, but I'm tall, skinny, and young, so that's probably why I like it. I'll probably wait for the 2016 model year to get the new Sync 3 system. I did some pricing and with my x plan, I could get a new Loaded ST3 for not much more then what my trade would be.

Or... get the focus RS. ::)
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jtoddk98

I think those are going to be around $40k too lol

92BlackGT

I had a '14 ST and it was a fun little car. The Recaros weren't bad for me but the Mrs hated them. The manual gets old when sitting in traffic too. I got rid of the ST for the SHO and don't miss the ST at all.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

jtoddk98

Quote from: 92BlackGT on June 16, 2015, 02:17:49 AM
I had a '14 ST and it was a fun little car. The Recaros weren't bad for me but the Mrs hated them. The manual gets old when sitting in traffic too. I got rid of the ST for the SHO and don't miss the ST at all.
I need to find a dealer that will let me take one in an overnight test drive just so I can see how it fits into my daily life.