• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gauge Color

Started by mjhpadi, June 29, 2013, 05:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhpadi

I was just looking over some gauges....still haven't purchased mine for the gauge pod.  But I was looking at Prosport gauges.  Just looking for suggestion as to what color would best compliment the SHO dash....green/white...amber/white, or blue/white.  Not that I've decided yet, whether to go with Prosport or AutoMeter....gee, I just can't make decide...this is driving me crazy! :hmmm:
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

crash712us

The blue/white is what I use to have, the blue was cool for a while then switch it to white. The only thing didn't like about the prosport gauges is they don't offer a clear lens. The blackout lens looks good when lit. Just don't like the blackout when off.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

mjhpadi

Chris, do the Prosport gauges go to blackout just when you shut off the car, or when the lights aren't on?  Just wondering....I guess if you just wired them into an accessory hot spot, they would be lit anytime the car is one?
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

mval

Mark:
That's the way my guy did mine. I went with Prosport EVO's, blue/red. Since my reg gauges are blue I made them blue. When car come on they come on. When car's off they are dark. I love the way the digitals sweep when coming on & do exact readings, Only thing that I miss is that the the non-SHO people that see my car, Chris did such a good job nobody's sure what the pod is unless they ask me. Once I light them up then they love them.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

mjhpadi

Thanks Mike...I really like the look of the Evo gauges I hadn't considered them before...since (I believe) we have similar tastes...I really appreciate your input and that you like the gauges.  I am now leaning even more towards the Evo gauges...I am thinking a boost gauge, oil pressure, and either oil temperature or water temperature. 
My one last question, with the oil filter adapter...do you still use the same oil filter or must you change to a different filter?  I haven't really looked at adapter to see if you order by car or whether it's a universal...guess I should do that.... :bangin:

geswek

I am picking up the white version; it's really the closest I can think of for the 13 model.

I want the EVO because the entire dash is digital--there is no analog gauge except the speedo; I don't like look of the normal gauges in a 13.

mval

Mark:
The gauges I ended up going with based upon some local friends view was the boost. I think this is a must gauge, as tells me when turbos are going. The Wideband air/fuel ratio. My friends told me this was a good one even though I don't race from the standpoint of getting a base point at which the engine is running to you can tell very quickly if something it's working right. Lastly I went with EGT, looking back only thing real nice is constantly changing so looks nice & does give engine temp so if somethings wrong you know it right away. If had over to do would probably go with the oil pressure. When I was looking at it, I don't think it requires using a different filter. I think there was an adapter plate with it. To be honest only down side to digital is black when not using & when it's real bright out a little tough to read. But with our gauges being digital, I agree w/ges regular gauges I think would look a out of date & if you look at the demo of them turning it's an eye full that's for sure.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen