• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Water getting trapped in door?!?!

Started by stevenmalone, May 18, 2015, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenmalone

I kept hearing water sloshing around when driving and thought it was the gas or something (had a lot of rain lately).  Come to realize when I opened my back right door there was water at the bottom.  My driveway is slanted and I usually reverse in, but this time I pulled in straight and when I heard the noise when opening the door it was slowly dripping out from the rear bottom corner of door. 

Anyone else have water collecting in bottom of door or advice? 
Thanks
12' SHO, Roush CAI, Alpine 9"-Focal comp.-Alpine 6x9-12" ORION H2, Tint

glock-coma

I thought there was a tsb  for an updated lower door seal. I'll see if I can find it.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

Also it's normal to get some water out through the lower door. There are drains but they become clogged pretty easily.
I would check to see if the drains are plugged first

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

stevenmalone

Thanks for info.  I lifted the lower seal and took a high pressure air blower and cleaned it.  Hopefully that works.

ShoBoat

I had this TSB done on mine, if you can get it done under warranty do it! The new seals are way better then the old ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

jmr061

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 19, 2015, 09:53:01 AM
I had this TSB done on mine, if you can get it done under warranty do it! The new seals are way better then the old ones.

Which TSB did you have done?  If it is the rear door scuff thing I would like to see pics of what they did/whats different now?
Jason
16 Edge Sport

ShoBoat

Quote from: jmr061 on May 20, 2015, 02:04:27 PM
Quote from: ShoBoat on May 19, 2015, 09:53:01 AM

Which TSB did you have done?  If it is the rear door scuff thing I would like to see pics of what they did/whats different now?

DIRT ACCUMULATION ON REAR DOOR SCUFF PLATES

Publication Date: November 17, 2011

FORD: 2010-2012 Taurus

ISSUE:
Some 2010-2012 Taurus vehicles may exhibit road dust accumulation on the rear door scuff plate area.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Paint the replacement body quarter trim panel from the Dust Kit to match the vehicle exterior color.
Install the Dust Kit parts. Refer to instruction sheet included in the kit.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
AG1Z-5420530-D Dust Kit

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
111120A 2010-2012 Taurus: Install The Revised Weatherstrip Kit Following The Kit Instructions. Can Be Claimed With Operations B And C As Necessary 2.3 Hrs
111120B 2010-2012 Taurus: Additional Time To Prep and Paint New Molding Assemblies. Can Be Claimed With Operations A And C 1.5 Hrs
111120C 2010-2012 Taurus: Additional Time For Vehicles With Tri-Coat Finish. Can Be Claimed With Operation A And B 0.5 Hr.

I'll see if I can take some pics of what was done. But pretty much all of the lower weather stripping on the car and the door weather stripping also.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

jmr061

I am aware of what the tsb says but doesn't always make sense.  What do they paint?  They make it sound like they add or replace something.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

stevenmalone

I went to the detail department where I worked and when I blew out the bottom door seals they had all kinds of debris that came out.  Its been raining here in Houston a lot lately and so far so good (since 3 days ago).  Keep you posted.  Unfortunately I am not under factory warranty...boo.

ZSHO

I had the same issue last year,found roughly almost a gallon of water inside the rear drivers side door,think its a common issue if you leave your car outside and especially close to trees and such,1)cleaned the bottom vinyl covers and then grabbed a small shop vac with a small hose to suck out any debris stuck inside,but at the same time would seal up the other hole so it builds up better suction. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|