• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2.2.4 beta new features!

Started by ShoBoat, May 18, 2015, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

So I have updated my Forscan (yes I know the name is terrible) But the latest and greatest has some really cool features and digs deeper into the car than ever before. One feature in particular is one that I have been eagerly waiting for. The ability to activate the cooling fans with the car off. No wiring needed, just trig it from your lap top and cool the engine. This I believe will be useful when tracking the car, between runs. I am digging through the rest of the program updates and will post any other notable features. You will need an advanced dongle such as the MX Bluetooth dongle. A cheap china clone may not give you full access to all the features.

A vid of the fan trig working.

Enjoy!
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

donky4444

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 18, 2015, 01:40:41 PM
So I have updated my Forscan (yes I know the name is terrible) But the latest and greatest has some really cool features and digs deeper into the car than ever before. One feature in particular is one that I have been eagerly waiting for. The ability to activate the cooling fans with the car off. No wiring needed, just trig it from your lap top and cool the engine. This I believe will be useful when tracking the car, between runs. I am digging through the rest of the program updates and will post any other notable features. You will need an advanced dongle such as the MX Bluetooth dongle. A cheap china clone may not give you full access to all the features.

A vid of the fan trig working.

Enjoy!

That would be very helpful when at the track.  My Grand Prix GXP when tuned by Overkill Motorsports had the fans stay on for a full minute every time you turned the car off and the temp was over a certain point.  I wish LME could put that into the tune for us.  Being able to turn them on via laptop and let them run for a while is easy enough though.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

ShoBoat

As far as I know non of the tuners have been able to do this via the handheld tuning device on the SHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

I will definitely be checking that out!!  Thanks for posting it. I wish Torque had a way to send commands...I would seriously try to replicate this.  I know you can technically send commands to the car through Torque but its on a one time basis and not something we could replicate with a button.  Leaving the fans on permanently would probably not be desired. ;)

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

wasinger3000

A fan button in torque would be a dream.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.